Lead Quality Engineer2019 - 2020Royal Caribbean Cruises
Technologies: REST Assured, React Native, Allure Testing Framework, log4j, Gradle, JUnit, Appium, Selenium, Java
- Implemented Java-based mobile automation for crew applications using Selenium, Appium, Gradle. and other tool sets.
- Implemented a single repository system for automation that allowed for 50% faster automation and a reduction of maintenance of scripts by over 70%.
- Contributed to the creation of a reusable function library, leading to a reduction of duplication of code and scripting.
- Assisted in demoing of the mobile application to the company’s vice president and board of directors.
- Implemented and achieved single-script runs across multiple platforms, decreasing code by 50%, and becoming the new standard across the entire program.
- Implemented the use of debugging tools, adding the ability to analyze stack traces, code, and log files.
- Worked with engineers and project leads to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Worked in all stages of application testing including UI, back end, functional, and regression.
- Ensured that test automation coverage was addressed for major features in a sprint.
Senior Test Automation Analyst2018 - 2019Freddie Mac
Technologies: MongoDB, JSON, XML, log4j, REST Assured, Selenium, Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Cucumber, JUnit, Jenkins, Maven, Java
- Conducted research regarding financial service, financial status, credit history, and underwriting risks to understand system requirements thoroughly.
- Developed and executed automated test scripts in REST Assured for API validation using a Cucumber framework; managed all automation code with Git as source control and ran automation scripts on Jenkins.
- Developed BDD scripts with Cucumber/Java and defined behaviors and steps.
- Implemented API automation scripts to validate XML and JSON formatted files.
- Designed and developed a Java-based automation framework for functional and regression testing using Selenium, Java, Maven, and JUnit from scratch.
- Participated in formal reviews to identify problems and determine whether the product meets all applicable requirements.
- Designed clear, concise, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Analyzed and communicated test results to management then made recommendations for product improvements wherever necessary.
- Collaborated with the QA supervisor and ensured adequate floor coverage to confirm coverage and consistency of standards applied.
- Assisted the supervisor in driving alignment and resolution of issues concerning disposition of non-conformance or interpretation of specification.
Automation Engineer2018 - 2018Verizon
Technologies: REST, Postman, SQL, Selenium, SoapUI, UI, SOAP, Jira, TestNG, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA, Java
- Assisted in the creation and prioritization of requirements for the implementation of the automation framework using Java.
- Implemented a new process to expand the existing test with automation resulting in a 10% increase of defects caught resulting in improved regression quality.
- Collaborated with product and development teams to plan suitable verification, validation, qualification, and testing methods.
- Managed test execution and defect logging and tracking using Jira.
- Implemented Jenkins as a continuous integration tool to schedule and run automated test scripts.
- Demonstrated an ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Improved our existing test automation frameworks and infrastructure and support engineers in writing additional UI tests.
- Designed and implemented a test strategy to improve efficiency in both manual and automation testing.
- Attended team meetings to give the project status updates and discuss any technical issues in the project.
Quality Engineer2015 - 2017HSBC Bank
Technologies: Case, Scrum, XML, VersionOne, Maven, IntelliJ, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Java
- Created and implemented a modular-driven automation framework using TestNG, Selenium, and Java (Object-oriented programming).
- Assisted in creating reports of the test results and automation blocker in the application using Maven.
- Collaborated with development and product teams to implement a robust automation solution to cover gaps in both development and design.
- Created an XML-based test suite with Jenkins integration so automated scripts can be run and scheduled in different environments with unique testing configurations.
- Wrote detailed bug reports to assist developers with eliminating bug issues found during testing.
- Assisted diverse support team delegations in manual and automated test plan production.
- Monitored updates of existing and new automated test suits and infrastructures.
- Prioritized QA tasks, optimized testing processes, and suggested improvements for application design and features while in persistent communication with developers and management.
Junior Quality Engineer2014 - 2015Expedia
Technologies: Regression, TestNG, Selenium, Test Cases, HP Quality Center (QC), Java
- Collaborated with developers and product to define test requirements bases on business and system requirements.
- Assisted in the creation of a custom automation framework using Selenium and TestNG.
- Managed the release process for the execution of manual regression test cases.
- Created a custom defect report using HP Quality Center to communicate and prioritize any issues discovered.
- Coordinated and implemented a peer-review process to identify potential gaps in test cases.
- Prepared and presented clear-and-concise quality-assurance briefing materials.
- Enforced test development standards in coordination with senior management.
- Verified all aspects of software-development lifecycle maintenance.
- Provided the engineering team with technical guidance and support as needed.