Co-founder | CTO2020 - PRESENTSupercooldata
- Co-founded a profitable bootstrapped startup without relying on any external funding.
- Built the full codebase on my own in a nimble way leveraging Next.js and the Serverless Framework to do the heavy lifting and get the product out to market as quickly as possible.
- Optimized the product user experience with regular user interviews and feedback while focusing on the problem we're solving for the end users.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2020Stella Jobs
Technologies: React, React Native, PostgreSQL, Python, Flask, Terraform, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Firebase Authentication, MongoDB, TypeScript, Push Notifications, Leadership, CircleCI, Jest, Architecture, Redux, RESTful APIs, GraphQL, React Hooks, CSS, HTML
- Built a complex job search feature with a responsive React front end, infinite scrolling grid layout, cursor-based stateless paginated Python Flask REST API, PostgreSQL full-text search, and PostGIS location query (20 ms against millions of rows).
- Built three complex React Native mobile apps supporting iOS and Android within four months, including Firebase social authentication, dozens of API-integrated screens, and complex interconnected screen flow and navigation.
- Mentored and assisted three team members with regular code reviews, advice, and support.
Open Source Developer2018 - 2018Origin Protocol
- Joined the Origin Protocol open source project and took the initiative to find problems to solve and contribute to the team without external guidance.
- Participated in weekly standup with the global distributed team and collaborated well before being offered a paid position to join the team full-time.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018TokBox
- Built the OpenTok React npm package with over 700,000 downloads serving a huge need by TokBox customers who used OpenTok but had trouble integrating it into React. I came up with this package during a hackathon and built it into an official library.
- Instrumented the existing Java-based REST API with Swagger annotations to generate a Swagger specification. Then I auto-generated client-side libraries (Node.js, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, and C#) that were previously hand-written and inconsistent.
Pre-sales Consultant2014 - 2016Servian
- Led a team of five engineers building an Angular web app and Java REST API, which processed millions of rows of telecommunications user data with complex aggregations and visualized them with C3.js charts.
- Built two internal mobile apps for a major Australian Bank using Ionic, AngularJS, Cordova, and Java and deployed on AWS. Six years later, it is still the most popular internal app used by over 15,000 employees.
- Built a sophisticated Python-based PDF parser and accompanying Angular web app for another major Australian bank. It extracted text, images, tables, and charts from research article PDFs and displayed them as a responsive mobile web app.