Verified Expert in Engineering
Linux, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a profitable bootstrapped startup, including writing all code and managing customer support and financials.
Co-founder | CTO
- Co-founded a profitable bootstrapped startup without relying on any external funding.
- Built the full codebase on my own in a nimble way leveraging Next.js and the Serverless Framework to do the heavy lifting and get the product out to market as quickly as possible.
- Optimized the product user experience with regular user interviews and feedback while focusing on the problem we're solving for the end users.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built a complex job search feature with a responsive React front end, infinite scrolling grid layout, cursor-based stateless paginated Python Flask REST API, PostgreSQL full-text search, and PostGIS location query (20 ms against millions of rows).
- Built three complex React Native mobile apps supporting iOS and Android within four months, including Firebase social authentication, dozens of API-integrated screens, and complex interconnected screen flow and navigation.
- Mentored and assisted three team members with regular code reviews, advice, and support.
Open Source Developer
- Joined the Origin Protocol open source project and took the initiative to find problems to solve and contribute to the team without external guidance.
- Participated in weekly standup with the global distributed team and collaborated well before being offered a paid position to join the team full-time.
Senior Software Engineer
- Built the OpenTok React npm package with over 700,000 downloads serving a huge need by TokBox customers who used OpenTok but had trouble integrating it into React. I came up with this package during a hackathon and built it into an official library.
- Instrumented the existing Java-based REST API with Swagger annotations to generate a Swagger specification. Then I auto-generated client-side libraries (Node.js, Java, PHP, Ruby, Python, and C#) that were previously hand-written and inconsistent.
- Led a team of five engineers building an Angular web app and Java REST API, which processed millions of rows of telecommunications user data with complex aggregations and visualized them with C3.js charts.
- Built two internal mobile apps for a major Australian Bank using Ionic, AngularJS, Cordova, and Java and deployed on AWS. Six years later, it is still the most popular internal app used by over 15,000 employees.
- Built a sophisticated Python-based PDF parser and accompanying Angular web app for another major Australian bank. It extracted text, images, tables, and charts from research article PDFs and displayed them as a responsive mobile web app.
Cryptocurrency Arbitrage Trading Bot
Database Optimization Proxy Server
Next.js, React Native, Swagger, Redux, Express.js, Flask, Serverless Framework, Jasmine, Jest, AngularJS, Ionic, Hadoop, Spark, Selenium, Truffle
React, Node.js, REST APIs, WebRTC, C3.js, Stripe API, ImageMagick, Passport.js, D3.js, Web3.js, Socket.IO
Git, Firebase Authentication, Auth0, Mocha, Terraform, Keycloak, CircleCI, Travis CI, NPM, Webpack, MetaMask
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS Lambda, Firebase, iOS, Android, Kubernetes, Blockchain, Ethereum
PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redshift
API Design, WebSockets, Streaming Data, Leadership, Architecture, React Hooks, Payment APIs, Push Notifications, Parsers, Proxy Servers, Startups, Google BigQuery, Bluetooth, Reverse Engineering, Data Visualization, Open Source, IPFS, Cryptocurrency, Cryptography, Bitcoin, Trading, Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and International Studies
University of Technology Sydney - Sydney, Australia
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services