Data Scientist2017 - PRESENTMakeMyTrip
Technologies: Python, Machine Learning, NLP, Spark, Redshift, Airflow, Pandas, NumPy
- Developed a hotel-ranking model that used a user's recent interactions to show relevant results.
- Built a user intent prediction model based on a customer's activity in the eCommerce funnel.
- Constructed the NLP part of a chatbot for handling the post-sales requirements of the business.
- Collaborated on the design of a feature marketplace—a kind of data warehouse that combined data from several sources for use by data science models.
- Created a universal search for the travel domain which allowed users to search for hotels and flights using free text. This involved the application of NLP techniques to extract relevant fields from the text.
Data Scientist | Analyst2019 - 2019Mix Tech (via Toptal)
Technologies: Python, Redshift, SQL, Metabase, Machine Learning, Spark
- Set up various dashboards over Redshift and Metabase to understand how the product was performing among different customer segments and devices.
- Analyzed customer data and monitor stats like user retention, app installation/uninstallation rates, user engagement, daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly performance, and customer movement through the funnel, etc.
- Developed a churn model using PySpark and Python which was used to target customers based on their probability of churn.
Research Assistant2015 - 2017Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Technologies: Python, MATLAB, Mathematica
- Developed a model linking household wealth to female infanticide in India through the marriage market.
- Estimated the structural model and conducted counterfactual policy simulations to inform interventions.