Verified Expert in Engineering
Machine Learning Developer
Akhil is a data scientist and economist by training with experience across academia and corporate projects. He has modeled large volumes of customer clickstream data for end-to-end machine learning pipelines using Spark and Python as well as census, questionnaire, and RCT data in a research setting. He communicates extremely well and has worked with teams across time zones. Akhil is also adept at picking up new skills quickly.
Python, Git, PyCharm, Jupyter, Unix
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a customer support chatbot for the largest online travel agency in India.
Senior Data Scientist
- Developed a module that extracts relevant information from medical documents such as prescriptions, pathology lab reports, and vaccination certificates and makes them digitally available and searchable.
- Used LayoutLM model to exploit position and to extract the key terms in medical documents.
- Developed end-to-end pipeline from uploading documents to entity extraction, including document classification and manual data annotation steps on AWS ecosystem.
- Collaborated on designing medically relevant hierarchies for different medical conditions and symptoms using SNOMED CT, which helped provide contextual options to doctors in their prescription pad.
MYRM Technologies, LLC
- De-duplicated and cross-referenced customer records to be inserted from a disorganized collection of spreadsheets into the Salesforce system.
- Designed a database used to migrate Salesforce data to a RoR based system.
- Led import from various sources into the Salesforce system for efficient tracking of leads and progression to different stages of deal completion.
Lead Data Scientist
- Developed a hotel-ranking model that used a user's recent interactions to show relevant results.
- Built a user intent prediction model based on a customer's activity in the eCommerce funnel.
- Constructed the NLP part of a chatbot for handling the post-sales requirements of the business.
- Collaborated on the design of a feature marketplace—a kind of data warehouse that combined data from several sources for use by data science models.
- Created a universal search for the travel domain which allowed users to search for hotels and flights using free text. This involved the application of NLP techniques to extract relevant fields from the text.
Data Scientist | Analyst
Mix Tech (via Toptal)
- Set up various dashboards over Redshift and Metabase to understand how the product was performing among different customer segments and devices.
- Analyzed customer data and monitor stats like user retention, app installation/uninstallation rates, user engagement, daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly performance, and customer movement through the funnel, etc.
- Developed a churn model using PySpark and Python which was used to target customers based on their probability of churn.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
- Developed a model linking household wealth to female infanticide in India through the marriage market.
- Estimated the structural model and conducted counterfactual policy simulations to inform interventions. Implementation using Amazon Web Services (AWS) for the heavy computational tasks.
- Developed theoretical solutions of the model with derivation of the equilibrium equations and checking the proofs. Simulated the model economy in Matlab.
Feature Marketplace for Data Science
Data Tagging Tool
South India Community Study
I developed and customized a name-matching algorithm to match incoming patients to the project’s census data.
Predict 'em All
Real-time Multiplayer Game
Chatbot Intent Classifier
Slot Extraction and Intent Classification
Medical Document Understanding
This makes the documents digitally available as well as searchable. This is very similar to what Google Photos does for unorganized photos. It makes all your medical documents organized in proper categories and easily searchable with the relevant medical terms, even if they are handwritten.
Python, SQL, R, C, Java, Scala
Spark, Django, Seq2seq
Pandas, PySpark, NumPy, SpaCy, PyTorch, TensorFlow
Git, Jupyter, Redash, Apache Airflow, Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon SageMaker, Amazon Athena, Amazon QuickSight, MATLAB, STATA, LaTeX, PyCharm, Mathematica
Linux, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Unix, Salesforce
MySQL, Redshift, Apache Hive, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Data Pipelines, Elasticsearch, NoSQL
Deep Learning, Statistics, Predictive Learning, Predictive Modeling, Data Visualization, Data Engineering, Analytics, Big Data, Economics, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Algorithms, Data Analysis, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT), Data Matching, Statistical Modeling, Inventory Management Systems, Recommendation Systems, Data Modeling, Metabase, Custom Audio Embedding, Computer Vision, Matching Systems
Master's Degree in Data Science
Barcelona Graduate School of Economics - Barcelona, Spain
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur - Kanpur, India