Alain-Michel Chomnoue Nghemning
Verified Expert in Engineering
Alain-Michel is a software engineer with a passionate interest in data science. He's helped organizations build several software products currently running in production. Alain-Michel excels at building back-end APIs and also contributes to front-end development. Since 2012, he has delivered projects—working remotely and on-premise—with clients worldwide in various domains, including customs, banking, and logistics.
Git, Spring 5, Gradle, Java 8, IntelliJ IDEA
The most amazing...
...software I've developed is a web application to analyze thousands of code repositories and display insights to managers on a single dashboard.
- Developed a recommendation engine for the music-jamming application users.
- Designed a graph database to store connections between users and their location, preferred instruments, and latency.
- Developed ETL functions to collect data from user logs (stored in S3) and the PostgreSQL main database to feed the graph.
- Used community detection algorithms to make a recommendation engine out of the built graph.
John Derek Victory
- Designed a gateway for back-end microservices, supporting OAuth 2.0 authentication and multitenancy, as an enterprise architect with experience in security.
- Implemented the gateway and example microservices.
- Initiated the developers' environment with build tools and CI/CD.
Chief Software Architect
A Job Board for Freelance Work
- Designed and built the code server application for source code storage, analysis, and insights sharing, processing over 1,000 codebases daily.
- Built a RESTful API to share insights found in the analyzed codebases.
- Designed and built CI/CD pipelines for microservices.
- Onboarded, mentored, and supervised a team of six software engineers in the system build.
- Developed, maintained, deployed, and trained users on human resources and payment management software.
- Built a module for enrollment, monitoring, and payroll of daily workers in the port of Libreville, used by more than ten users to manage over 500 workers.
- Contributed to the development of a module for monitoring the working hours of dockworkers in the port of Douala, used by more than 20 users to manage over 2,500 dockworkers.
- Maintained and enhanced the customs software for transit management (Nexus+).
- Assisted users in the Cameroon Customs and in more than five partner banks.
- Developed the moratorium management feature with PHP.
Business Intelligence Intern
- Built a clustering model to classify customers based on their phone usage, helping marketing people to design more targeted products.
- Developed an web application to help business intelligence team run data mining algorithm on their data without the need of an expert.
- Wrote a paper on the analysis and design of tools for customers’ segmentation in a telecommunication company (Cari-info.org/cari-2012/session%203/3B1.pdf).
API Rate Limiterhttps://bitbucket.org/chomnoue/api-rate-limiter/src/master/
The limits are configurable, and the rate limiter should throttle AIP calls in the following situations:
1. Too many requests within the same time window from a client
2. Too many requests from a specific client on a per month basis
3. Too many requests across the entire system
The application is built to run in a distributed environment and has been designed to scale effectively.
NPS Score from Social Media
Ebola Data Visualizationhttp://chomnoue.github.io/EbolaDataVisualizationND/
The user can select an indicator and a date to see the status on the map. He can also choose to replay the animation for the chosen indicator.
I chose to show the affected country on a map with the orange color differentiating them. Only the affected countries are named to let the user focus on them.
A red circle is used to show the value of an indicator for each country. I chose a logarithmic scale for the circle radiuses so that with just a few cases, countries' values can be seen on the map.
Spring 5, Spring Boot, Spring, Swagger, Hibernate, JPA, Serverless Framework, OAuth 2
IntelliJ IDEA, Gradle, Apache Maven, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (ECR), Cron, Jenkins, Subversion (SVN), Git, PyCharm, Amazon Athena, Flyway, Grafana, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS)
Software Design, Technical Diagrams, Algorithms, APIs, Architecture, CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Cloud Architecture, Full-stack, Technical Writing, Containerization, API Integration, Networking, Systems, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Bokeh, Amazon Comprehend, Data Mining, Spring Cloud, Leadership, Message Queues, Back-end, Back-end Development, Serverless, OAuth, FusionAuth, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, Cloud, AWS Certified Solution Architect, Machine Learning, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Multitenancy
REST APIs, D3.js, Node.js
Serverless Architecture, REST, Management, Penetration Testing
Docker, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Kubernetes, Eclipse, Java EE, Heroku, Oracle, Apache Kafka, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Jupyter Notebook
Neo4j, PostgreSQL, Graph Databases, MySQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Redis, Spring Data
Master's Degree in Computer Engineering
National Advanced School of Engineering - Yaoundé, Cameroon
AWS Solutions Architect – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate
Amazon Web Services
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
Amazon Web Services
Oracle Certified Master, Java EE 5 Enterprise Architect
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
Oracle Certified Expert, Java EE 6 Enterprise JavaBeans Developer
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 6 Programmer