Verified Expert in Engineering
Alan has been building various web applications using several different web technologies since 2011. He has worked on projects from startups, mid-large scale applications, and existing projects. Currently, he's the director of a small agency specializing in building modern, scalable digital solutions for startups and enterprises.
Node.js, React, GraphQL, MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...product I've developed is called Dailyplaylists, which boasts 20 million submissions and a continuing monthly recurring revenue (MRR) growth of 15-20%.
Director and Lead Full-stack Engineer
- Founded an agency business model to support numerous clients and their projects.
- Recruited and led a distributed team of developers to deliver appropriate digital solutions.
- Aided in product conception, design, and solution architecture alongside the client.
- Directly interfaced with primary clients and leaders on their product vision and translated it into project requirements, budgets, and deliverables.
- Developed and maintained numerous projects, throughout the entire stack, including front end, back end, and infrastructure.
Lead Full-stack Developer
- Developed and maintained numerous platforms ranging from government organizations to startups across the entire stack.
- Led a small team of developers to ensure process, quality, and documentation across the team.
- Interfaced directly with clients to understand project requirements and translate them into an implementation strategy.
- Created budget, estimations, and project scopes for leads and interest in new products.
- Developed and maintained a new billing infrastructure for the B2B relationships.
- Built dynamic lead funnels for the company and partners.
- Worked in a medium-sized team of 10-15 developers in an agile environment.
- Developed and maintained B2B software solutions, including billing, client management, and other internal tools.
- Refactored a monolithic back end to an API-centric approach.
- Witnessed and integrated into a fast-growing startup environment with over $50 million in funding.
- Contributed to discussions and solution design within an experienced product team.
- Built and maintained numerous apps for various clients within a team of freelance collectives like Cloudy Hills and Prelude Interactive.
- Developed a handful of projects from conception like Wisga.com and Bookaband.com among a team of entrepreneurs.
- Participated in team discussions and implementation strategy for projects and tasks.
International Labor Organization Data Finderhttps://www.ilo.org/wesodata/
I was in charge of maintaining and adding new functionality, data points, and features required by the International Labour Organization (ILO).
I was also in direct communication with ILO's team and served as the primary contact for development and discussions.
I worked on the B2B business logic side, including billing, account management, and internal tools for the business.
Node.js, React, Telegram Bot API, Vue, Shopify API, Three.js, WebGL
Requirements Analysis, Agile Project Management, Microservices, Unit Testing
Docker, Netlify, Bluehost, Shopify, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mobile, DigitalOcean, Linux, Twilio
Databases, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
APIs, Full-stack Development, Full-stack, Architecture, Back-end, Technical Architecture, Team Leadership, Third-party Integration, Third-party Management, Front-end, Web Development, Early-stage Startups, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), Startups, CI/CD Pipelines, Solution Architecture, Product Development, Data Visualization, API Documentation, Leadership, Technical Leadership, Payment APIs, CTO, Apollo, Serverless, SDMX, Algorithms, Complex Problem Solving
Bachelor's Degree in Philosophy and Computer Engineering
University Of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX, USA