Data Scientist | Software Engineer2016 - 2019IronNet Cybersecurity
Technologies: Scala, Spark, Python, Machine Learning (ML), Kafka, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Engineered crucial features to improve a DNS-tunneling detection algorithm which reduced false positives by 80% and increased computational efficiency by 70%.
- Collected and analyzed data for detecting malicious meek (domain fronting) connections originating in customer networks.
- Developed a domain-generation attack (DGA) detection algorithm using a variety of machine learning (ML) techniques, including LSTM for identifying randomly generated domains.
- Served as the technical lead in the migration of the entire company product’s back end to Docker and Kubernetes (50+ microservices).
- Developed scripts for full-stack rollouts in AWS, including TLS certifications, DNS routes, security groups, and so on; also integrated them into the CI/CD pipeline.
CEO | Lead Developer2013 - 2016Armory Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Python, C++, Bitcoin, UI/UX (PyQt), NoSQL, Cryptography
- Developed an open-source Bitcoin wallet from scratch that innovated multiple usability and security features in the early days of Bitcoin.
- It was a spare-time project for two years before receiving seed funding at a $4.2 million valuation in 2013.
- Became a respected thought leader in the industry, and the software still protects over $2 billion (USD) worth of Bitcoin.
- Managed five, full-time, remote developers.
Physicist | Algorithm Developer (Missile Defense)2006 - 2013JHU Applied Physics Laboratory
Technologies: C++, MATLAB, Image and Video Processing
- Worked on algorithms for "Lethal Aimpoint," which uses an IR camera on the interceptor missile to detect the threat and identify where to hit it. Used a variety of image processing and statistical techniques to solve the problem (missile defense).
- Developed an elaborate visualization tool that was used daily by dozens of engineers to examine and verify the results of missile simulations.
- Created a CUDA/C++ algorithm to speed up image-processing tasks in our simulations by a factor of 50-200x. The simulations originally took three hours to run, reduced to a couple of minutes with this code (and installing GPUs in our clusters).
- Developed statistical techniques to mitigate the effects of dead pixels in our IR cameras, and drive the requirements process for future camera/array production.