PHP Developer in Montreal, QC, Canada
Drupal 8 CMS Developer2016 - 2017ParsonsTKO (via Toptal)
Technologies: Drupal 8
- Migrated about 10,000 nodes from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8.
- Set up a continuous integration with Circle CI.
- Set up automated tests using PHPUnit.
- Developed a Drupal 8 module.
- Helped the team use the Agile development approach using two-week sprints.
Senior Drupal Developer2015 - 2016The Linux Foundation
Technologies: Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Vagrant, PHPUnit
- Introduced continuous integration and automated testing to the Drupal development process.
- Maintained the core websites: Training.linuxfoundation.org and Events.linuxfoundation.org.
- Maintained the link between Drupal sites and CRM instance via web services.
- Improved and maintained the tools for local development.
- Worked as part of a multidisciplinary team to introduce improvements to the continuous integration platform.
Senior Drupal Developer2014 - 2014CGI
Technologies: Drupal 7, Jenkins
- Worked as the lead developer on the Drupal 7 website, 24htremblant.com.
- Introduced Jenkins' continuous integration to the Drupal team.
- Introduced automated testing to the Drupal team.
- Worked as part of the team that introduced an Agile workflow to previously waterfall projects.
- Trained team members on Drupal best practices including automated testing and continuous integration.
Lead Drupal Developer2013 - 2013TP1
Technologies: Drupal, Behat, Jenkins
- Delivered successfully the site (Stm.info) on time and on budget in an Agile workflow.
- Implemented REST communication between Drupal and middleware combining several legacy systems.
- Implemented Behat automated testing on a Jenkins continuous integration server.
- Trained junior developers on the proper use of automated testing and code review.
- Performed architectural analysis based on client needs, within Agile sprints.
- Realistic Dummy Content (Development)
This module allows Drupal developers to use realistic dummy content during the development phase before real content is available; it also is good for client demos before the real content is available.
- Simpletest Turbo (Development)
This makes Drupal automated testing up to 66% faster when using Simpletest on complex sites.
- STM.info (Development)http://stm.info/fr
I worked as a team member, a lead Drupal developer, and was responsible for the automated testing on the project to redesign and re-engineer the main portal to the Montreal transit authority.
STM.info was the winner in 2014 of the "Acquia Partner Site of the Year - Transit Category" announced at DrupalCon Austin.
- 24h Tremblant (Development)http://www.24htremblant.com
I worked as the lead developer and was responsible for the automated testing and continuous integration on the 24h Tremblant portal, a fundraising portal at the prestigious Tremblant Ski Resort.
- Modifying Legacy Code the Right Way (Hint: Do Not Add If Statements) (Other amazing things)
This site shows one of my speaking engagements about the best ways to deal with legacy Drupal code without inserting too much complexity.
- Automated Testing with SimpleTest in the Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 (Other amazing things)http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5300917.Albert_Albala
I am the author of the chapter "Automated Testing with SimpleTest" in the Definitive Guide to Drupal 7 (published by Apress).
PlatformsDrupal 8, Drupal 7, Docker, Linux
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Linguistics1997 - 2001McGill University - Montreal, Québec, Canada