Senior Software Developer2017 - PRESENTKowala
Technologies: Ethereum, Cryptocurrency, Amazon, Kubernetes, Docker, Go
- Deployed a testnet with miners, archive nodes, a web wallet, dashboard, and netstats using Kubernetes.
- Built an app to monitor blockchain and notify users when they've received funds.
Software Engineer2017 - 2017Osmond Marketing (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Koa, Node.js
- Helped detect an issue related to a database connection pool.
- Fixed the issue and refactored the code to make sure it doesn't happen again.
Senior Software Engineer2015 - 2017Axiom Zen
Technologies: AWS, Docker, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Elixir, Node.js, Go
- Improved the performance and scalability of a high throughput consumer app.
- Built APIs from scratch for multiple prototypes of internal project ideas.
- Refactored the general architecture of a machine learning product to support horizontal scaling.
- Collaborated with multiple non-technical colleagues to define and plan projects.
- Gave support to other projects where I wasn't directly assigned.
- Experimented with Unity and VR for a few prototypes.
- Collaborated in the build of a custom API framework used to generate APIs for new prototypes in less time.
Senior Software Engineer2013 - 2014Piethis.com
Technologies: AWS, RabbitMQ, Redis, PostgreSQL, Node.js
- Interviewed and built up the technical team.
- Defined all the architecture of the application and ensured that the team followed that direction.
- Established and maintained a good engineering culture.
- Worked closely with the founders in order to define the product direction.
- Built an API with a high number of writes and reads with very low response times using PostgreSQL as a single source and Redis with a denormalized view of the data for extremely fast reads.
- Experimented with popular front-end technologies to define the web client architecture.
- Supported the iOS developers so that they would be able to interact with the API in the most efficient way.
Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2013Viki
Technologies: AWS, Redis, PostgreSQL, Node.js, GoLand, Go, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Led a team of up to five people.
- Defined and implemented some of the core microservices in the application.
- Solved many scalability issues due to the high throughput of the API.
- Improved the data synchronization among the multiple worldwide clusters—reducing the delay of data distribution to almost real-time.
- Deployed and maintained my own microservices on AWS.
- Implemented TDD and full-time pair programming which was the core of our company's culture.
Software Developer2007 - 2009gnuine
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built an open source CMS to be able to ship new projects in less time for future clients.
- Worked closely with some clients to understand their needs and design a good solution.
- Defined the interface of those CMS modules and how they connected all together with the core of the CMS.
- Documented on how to use the CMS from the developer's point of view with guides and videos. Also helped the rest of the team in using that CMS.
- Aided in the build of a very complex video manipulation application, using mostly FFmpeg in the background to perform tasks.