DevOps Engineer2018 - 2021NetFoundry
Technologies: AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Linux
- Split up the monolith into different microservices that enabled us to move deployments from a 2-week cycle to a couple of times a week, allowing faster pushes to production.
- Introduced Jenkins CI build, leading to more consistent and zero downtime deployments. As a result, the migration moved from Bitbucket pipelines to Jenkins.
- Integrated the regression testing into Jenkins pipelines leading to improved code quality and moving code coverage from 40% to 80% in three months.
Site Reliability Engineer2017 - 2018Red Ventures
Technologies: Linux, Elasticsearch, Nagios, Datadog, Grafana, AWS, SaltStack
- Set up configuration management for 2,000 virtual machines using SaltStack. This was used for security and patch updates as needed.
- Configured a logging framework for five different teams, centralizing logs for quick search and troubleshooting. The framework was based on Elasticsearch and S3 and was used to secure SOC 2 for the company.
- Set up monitoring in AWS using Datadog and New Relic. It was synced with NOC dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting.
Senior IT Product Developer2013 - 2016Airtel
Technologies: AWS, Linux, Jenkins, Python
- Implemented the upgraded data network leading to a 20% increase in data penetration across Africa.
- Carried out the implementation of a service delivery platform for the 17 countries under Airtel Africa, leading to increased VAS revenues due to a quick turnaround time in onboarding new VAS partners.
- Spearheaded the Airtel and Warid merger for Uganda and Congo-Brazaville.