Verified Expert in Engineering
Albert is a senior DevOps and site reliability engineer with nine years of experience in Linux system administration, DevOps, and application monitoring. His primary expertise is on AWS, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux, and monitoring platforms such as Elasticsearch and Grafana. Albert thrives in remote environments working in the eCommerce and retail industries.
Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins, SaltStack, Grafana, Elasticsearch, Terraform
The most amazing...
...thing I've split up is a Java monolith into ten different microservices, moving deployments to a couple of times a week compared to the earlier 2-week cycles.
DevOps Engineer and Back-end Developer
- Worked on the primary back end and infrastructure for developing a new real estate concept with ownershub.com.
- Utilized Go, AWS CDK, and Angular for the front end.
- Tasked with the launch of ownershub.com from concept to live.
- Created a new data streaming application using Elasticsearch and Kafka (MSK).
- Transformed operations by creating a self-service repo creation tool based on GitHub and Terraform.
- Worked with the security team on multiple certifications, including SOC 2.
- Split up the monolith into different microservices that enabled us to move deployments from a 2-week cycle to a couple of times a week, allowing faster pushes to production.
- Introduced Jenkins CI build, leading to more consistent and zero downtime deployments. As a result, the migration moved from Bitbucket pipelines to Jenkins.
- Integrated the regression testing into Jenkins pipelines leading to improved code quality and moving code coverage from 40% to 80% in three months.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Set up configuration management for 2,000 virtual machines using SaltStack. This was used for security and patch updates as needed.
- Configured a logging framework for five different teams, centralizing logs for quick search and troubleshooting. The framework was based on Elasticsearch and S3 and was used to secure SOC 2 for the company.
- Set up monitoring in AWS using Datadog and New Relic. It was synced with NOC dashboards for monitoring and troubleshooting.
Senior IT Product Developer
- Implemented the upgraded data network leading to a 20% increase in data penetration across Africa.
- Carried out the implementation of a service delivery platform for the 17 countries under Airtel Africa, leading to increased VAS revenues due to a quick turnaround time in onboarding new VAS partners.
- Spearheaded the Airtel and Warid merger for Uganda and Congo-Brazaville.
Document Management System for Real Estate Agentshttps://www.realestatecabinet.com/
Jenkins, Terraform, Amazon CloudWatch, AWS Fargate, GitHub, Bitbucket, SaltStack, Grafana, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Helm, Amazon Cognito, Amazon CloudFront CDN, NGINX, Ansible, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Nagios, Amazon EBS, AWS Glue, RabbitMQ
DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Microservices
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon EC2, Linux, Apache Kafka, AWS Lambda, Rancher
Elasticsearch, Amazon DynamoDB, Redshift, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Datadog, Data Pipelines, MongoDB
CI/CD Pipelines, AWS Cloud Architecture, DevOps Engineer, ECS, Cloud, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon RDS, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Server Administration, Linux Server Administration, Data Engineering, AWS DevOps, Big Data, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Software Architecture, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK)
Laravel, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Angular, Django
AWS Data Analytics
AWS Solutions Architect Associate