SQL Developer in Portland, OR, United States
Volunteer Software Developer | Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTHack Oregon
Technologies: Docker, Python, Pandas, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Django, PostgreSQL
- Implemented an Elasticsearch-and-Kibana-based data portals using Docker and Digital Ocean for exploring housing-related data from the American Community Survey and other sources.
- Wrote ETL scripts in Python to interact with the US Census Bureau APIs and transform their data into Elasticsearch for further analysis.
- Analyzed data using Python, Pandas, and Matplotlib on American Community Survey housing data.
- Wrote parser scripts in Python for myriad data sources such as IPUMS and Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies data tables.
- Implemented the REST API using Django REST Framework for housing data.
Data Analyst | Research Assistant2017 - 2017Gateway to College National Network
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Django, Jupyter, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Implemented a data analysis using Python and Pandas to measure our programs' performance over a broad range of metrics.
- Began designing and coding a Django-and-PostgreSQL-based data system to replace an aging Microsoft Access one.
- Offered technical support to our programs, including troubleshooting Microsoft Access and website connection issues.
- Developed and enforced source control for our SQL Server database and website using Git and GitLab.
- Implemented various testing scripts to ensure data integrity in our CRM.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016Energy GPS
- Implemented ETL processes in C# and .NET, including data scraping using CasperJS and SQL Server database design and administration.
- Performed Columbia River flow and hydropower generation modeling using various statistical techniques in R and SQL.
- Implemented a REST API in .NET for our clients to access our data in a consistent, standardized format.
- Performed research and data analysis in R, Python, and Excel to come up with and present insights into energy industry data.
- Designed and maintained an ASP.NET MVC website for our clients to view reports and interact with our data.
Intern2014 - 2014Oregon Research Institute
Technologies: Python, Django
- Worked on the initial release of a Django and PostgreSQL based web application.
- Implemented a linked-list data structure in Python for page navigation in a Django application.
- Supported the front-end development using Sass, Bootstrap, Gulp, Bower, and Webpack.
- Woras Woodworking (Development)http://www.woraswoodworking.com
A simple portfolio website for a local woodworking business.
- Hack Oregon Housing Affordability Project (Development)https://github.com/adpeters/housing-2018
I volunteer for Hack Oregon and currently, I am working in a team looking at housing affordability in Portland and the United States. My role in this project is of a software developer and data analyst and I gather the necessary data and provide a REST API to the public along with some visualizations and interactive features to tell the story of housing affordability that we find.
FrameworksDjango, .NET, Django REST Framework, Bootstrap 4, Flask
Libraries/APIsPandas, jQuery, REST APIs, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Vue.js
ToolsVim Text Editor, Git, Docker Compose, Kibana, Microsoft Visual Studio
PlatformsDocker, Jupyter Notebook, Linux
StoragePostgreSQL, SQL Server 2008, Elasticsearch
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics2009 - 2013Colby College - Waterville, ME, USA