Volunteer Software Developer | Data Scientist2018 - PRESENTHack Oregon
Technologies: Docker, Python, Pandas, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Django, PostgreSQL
- Implemented an Elasticsearch-and-Kibana-based data portals using Docker and Digital Ocean for exploring housing-related data from the American Community Survey and other sources.
- Wrote ETL scripts in Python to interact with the US Census Bureau APIs and transform their data into Elasticsearch for further analysis.
- Analyzed data using Python, Pandas, and Matplotlib on American Community Survey housing data.
- Wrote parser scripts in Python for myriad data sources such as IPUMS and Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies data tables.
- Implemented the REST API using Django REST Framework for housing data.
Data Analyst | Research Assistant2017 - 2017Gateway to College National Network
Technologies: Python, Pandas, Django, Jupyter, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Implemented a data analysis using Python and Pandas to measure our programs' performance over a broad range of metrics.
- Began designing and coding a Django-and-PostgreSQL-based data system to replace an aging Microsoft Access one.
- Offered technical support to our programs, including troubleshooting Microsoft Access and website connection issues.
- Developed and enforced source control for our SQL Server database and website using Git and GitLab.
- Implemented various testing scripts to ensure data integrity in our CRM.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016Energy GPS
- Implemented ETL processes in C# and .NET, including data scraping using CasperJS and SQL Server database design and administration.
- Performed Columbia River flow and hydropower generation modeling using various statistical techniques in R and SQL.
- Implemented a REST API in .NET for our clients to access our data in a consistent, standardized format.
- Performed research and data analysis in R, Python, and Excel to come up with and present insights into energy industry data.
- Designed and maintained an ASP.NET MVC website for our clients to view reports and interact with our data.
Intern2014 - 2014Oregon Research Institute
Technologies: Python, Django
- Worked on the initial release of a Django and PostgreSQL based web application.
- Implemented a linked-list data structure in Python for page navigation in a Django application.
- Supported the front-end development using Sass, Bootstrap, Gulp, Bower, and Webpack.