Alejandro Jimenez Martinez
Verified Expert in Engineering
Alejandro is a software engineer with 10+ years experience including full-time employment at Facebook, Google, and Microsoft. He is an efficient developer who enjoys solving problems with elegant and high-quality solutions, passionate about algorithms, APIs, and front-end solutions.
The most amazing...
...scale reached by my projects as technical lead for Google Cloud's Deployment Manager; 20% of all GCP deployments were orchestrated by the service I engineered.
- Developed machine learning pipeline frameworks to accelerate ML feature development used across Facebook advertising teams.
- Designed and optimized ML feature execution through the creation of declarative language for streamlined orchestration across features, reducing resource consumption by 70%.
- Enhanced user interfaces for ML pipelines and ongoing pipeline management.
Technical Lead | Software Engineer
- Built and designed hyper-scale orchestration of services, enabling automated creation and management of 20%+ of all Google Cloud deployed resources.
- Designed, developed, and launched the type registry API, enabling unified orchestration for third-party APIs in deployment manager.
- Designed open-service broker model within Google Cloud, which enabled the deployment of Google Cloud services from the Kubernetes controller, expanding infrastructure deployments from Kubernetes applications.
- Managed team sprints and development work allocation for feature teams. Designed and implemented production level processes for on-call, including build dashboards with metrics and alerts for the team.
- Advised customers on deployment manager design and implementation questions.
- Designed uniform declarative layer and standards for all Google Cloud Platform APIs, implementing cross-organizational processes for consistency in APIs released by Google.
- Built engine for back-end automation and orchestration of 300+ Google resource kinds in a reliable scalable way.
- Defined and organized cross-team priorities and requirements to implement Private Catalog deployment manager integration, a service that allows deployment manager templates to be packaged and distributed within GCP.
- Designed and implemented custom domain language in ANTLR for reference processing in deployment manager templates.
- Built and designed core in deployment manager for Apache Airflow as a service for Google Cloud Composer.
- Acted as a compiler developer for HLSL, shader language used by DirectX in 3D apps and games.
- Added +100 new language intrinsics to HLSL compiler, allowing DirectX 11 tiled resources, which includes optimization algorithms for these intrinsics.
- Enabled open-source software, on Windows platforms for cloud and mobile. • OpenSSL support for Windows Store 8.1 and Windows on arm. • Monogame and Cocos2d-x support for Windows on arm. • VLC support for Windows on arm.
- Rewrote graphics end-to-end compiler for Windows vNext using open-source Clang and LLVM.
- Worked on Node.js Telemetry back-end service in Express.js for Azure Resource usage for Microsoft IT.
Google Cloud Deployment Managerhttps://cloud.google.com/deployment-manager/docs
Private Catalog Solutions for Google Cloudhttps://cloud.google.com/private-catalog/docs/dm-based-solution
Node.js, REST APIs, DirectX, React
AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Cognito, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), AWS Step Functions, AWS AppSync
Compiler Design, REST
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
Google Cloud, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgreSQL
Compilers, Algorithms, LLVM, Scalability, API Design, Serverless, Amazon API Gateway, Async.js, Async/Await, Deployment, Google, Distributed Systems, Low-level Programming, APIs, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Orchestration, Clang, Machine Learning
React Native, Express.js
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Guanajuato - Guanajuato, Guanajuato, MX
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring