Software Engineer2017 - 2018Planet Labs Germany GmbH
Technologies: Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, PostGIS, Python
- Implemented a platform permissions system to serve satellite imagery with Flask, SQLAlchemy, and GDAL.
- Developed a billing engine, enforcing area download quotas with Bottle and low-level PostGIS.
- Built a BigQuery-based internal analytics app using Google Data Studio as the UI.
- Handled 200 billing API requests per second (uWSGI and PostgreSQL locks/transactions).
- Constructed a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline.
- Migrated a system from Amazon Web Services to the Google Cloud Platform (SQS, RDS, and Docker).
Cloud Platform Lead2016 - 2017LOVOO GmbH
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS, Go, CoreOS, Kubernetes
- Deployed multiple microservices in Go to a distributed Kubernetes cluster, optimized to handle 1.5 gigabit/s of API traffic.
- Built an internal platform as a service for the teams.
- Fully automated the deployments, canary releases, and traffic shifting for blue/green.
- Evaluated and benchmarked cloud providers for an optimal solution.
Tech Lead2013 - 2016Home24 AG
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Solr, MySQL, PHP
- Supported a logistic calculations project, handled millions of entries, and migrated RabbitMQ to SQS.
- Implemented an extensive third-party product data import of a re-architecture project (SQS, DynamoDB, optimistic locking, and streaming XML).
- Worked on an acceptance testing project, providing the QA with the architecture for transparency and test case code re-usage (Codeception).
- Implemented a major webshop checkout refactoring for testability and performance.