Verified Expert in Engineering
Aleksandr is an engineer who is not shackled by a particular type of technology; he's the type of developer searching for infrastructure and platform challenges. Along with having a decade of development experience where he has consulted with clients concerning various use cases, Aleksandr consistently delivers excellent and to-the-point cloud solutions.
Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services (AWS), TypeScript, PostgreSQL, AWS CloudFormation
The most amazing...
...contribution I've made was to an open-source self-hosting platform to enable data sovereignty for everyone.
Airship Technologies Inc.
- Took over a production service in Python optimized for memory (profiling, uWSGI, and Kubernetes).
- Architected a new service in TypeScript with an open-core OSS model. Designed for low resource usage to handle a mostly-write API at 300 mbit/s.
- Migrated NATS to NSQ, allowing fully durable disk-backed message queues up to 100 GiB.
- Implemented event-driven server-sent events for scale and low latency.
Planet Labs Germany GmbH
- Implemented a platform permissions system to serve satellite imagery with Flask, SQLAlchemy, and GDAL.
- Developed a billing engine, enforcing area download quotas with Bottle and low-level PostGIS.
- Built a BigQuery-based internal analytics app using Google Data Studio as the UI.
- Handled 200 billing API requests per second (uWSGI and PostgreSQL locks/transactions).
- Constructed a fully automated continuous delivery pipeline.
- Migrated a system from Amazon Web Services to the Google Cloud Platform (SQS, RDS, and Docker).
Cloud Platform Lead
- Deployed multiple microservices in Go to a distributed Kubernetes cluster, optimized to handle 1.5 gigabit/s of API traffic.
- Built an internal platform as a service for the teams.
- Fully automated the deployments, canary releases, and traffic shifting for blue/green.
- Evaluated and benchmarked cloud providers for an optimal solution.
- Supported a logistic calculations project, handled millions of entries, and migrated RabbitMQ to SQS.
- Implemented an extensive third-party product data import of a re-architecture project (SQS, DynamoDB, optimistic locking, and streaming XML).
- Worked on an acceptance testing project, providing the QA with the architecture for transparency and test case code re-usage (Codeception).
- Implemented a major webshop checkout refactoring for testability and performance.
Cloudron.io Terraform Provisioninghttps://github.com/synchrone/cloudron-provisioning
Implemented the Google Cloud Storage backup driver and the Google Cloud DNS driver from scratch.
Calendar and Contract App for Sandstormhttps://apps.sandstorm.io/app/8kr4rvyrggvzfvc160htzdt4u5rfvjc2dgdn27n5pt66mxa40m1h
• Persistent volumes of auto-provisioning
• Implementing a debug-on-cluster approach with IntelliJ IDEA, keeping HDFS in the cloud.
• OpenVPN inside Kubernetes, stand-in containers providing proxy services back to dev machines
PHP, Python 3, Python, Go, TypeScript
AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Apache Solr, VPN, OpenVPN
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon EC2, CoreOS, Web
Google Cloud SQL, Google Cloud, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MySQL
AWS Cloud Architecture, Containers, CI/CD Pipelines, Container Orchestration, Cloud, Technical Hiring, Source Code Review, Task Analysis, DNS, Interviewing, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Open Source, Software, IT Project Management, Engineering
Diploma in Computer Science
Penza State Technological University - Penza, Russia
Certified PHP Engineer
Zend Technologies Ltd.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring