- Full-stack Developer2014 - 2015AnonyMess + Butterfly (via Toptal)
Technologies: Node.js, ExpressJS, Docker, AWS, Elastic Beanstack, MongoDB, Redis, Socket.io, PostCSS, Babel
- Created a scalable platform to collect feedback using node.js (Express), socket.io, and AWS Elastic Beanstack + Docker for deployment.
- Developed a SPA using "no framework" approach (or small NPM modules) to manage feedback requests/responses and teams.
- Worked within a tight timeframe as the company made 3 pivots in 9 months. I needed to work extremely fast and learn to quickly iterate and test different ideas.
- Created a real-time events based system, which enables live updates and works offline.
- Developer2014 - 2014Digitalcade, Inc. (via Toptal)
- Refactored a monolithic node.js application for a game server to a bunch of small modules and added tests and documentation.
- Scaled socket.io servers between multiple machines using nginx as load balancer.
- Added real-time monitoring and logging of each running node.js process.
- CTO and Co-founder2012 - 2014Gingko Inc.
Technologies: Node.js, Backbone.js, MongoDB, HTML5, Socket.IO, Express.js
- Co-founded and bootstrapped a new kind of word processor (https://gingkoapp.com).
- Implemented a real-time server for Google Docs-style collaboration with Socket.IO.
- Made all architectural decisions from setting up the MongoDB database to the design method and CSS details.
- Implemented internal libraries to manage, export, and import tree-like structures.
- Worked out an offline prototype with a data synchronization algorithm (SLEEP, Application Cache, IndexedDB).
- Implemented a modular architecture with Node.js and Component.io.
- Senior Web Developer2012 - 2013Profitably, Inc.
Technologies: Node.js, Backbone.js, HTML5, Ruby on Rails, MongoDB
- Created a library to build models for data analysis that was optimized to run fast and perform complex real-time computations.
- Created a real-time server for Backbone.js models with a Socket.IO back-end.
- Created a bunch of reusable Backbone.js plugins such as backbone-index, backbone-memoize, backbone-viewmanager, and backbone-id.
- Created a SPA management platform for small businesses with Ruby on Rails back-end.
- Created an integration testing framework for complex SPA on top of PhantomJS/CasperJS.
- Created synced browser storage for faster application bootstrapping.
- Founder2011 - 2012Saveidea
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, CoffeeScript, Backbone.js, Sass
- Created an open-source library to allow Backbone.js applications to work offline: https://github.com/alekseykulikov/backbone-offline.
- Designed an application from scratch by reading books about productivity, creativity, and ideas.
- Managed an application launch and provided customer support.
- Ruby on Rails Developer2010 - 2011Resto Group
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Git, Redmine
- Worked on the second largest restaurant site in Runet http://resto.ru.
- Developed a platform for the promotion of bank discounts: http://bpponline.ru/.
- Software Applications Engineer2007 - 2009Laboratory of Open Informational Systems
Technologies: C++, Oracle, PL/SQL, Visual Studio
- Supported a giant C++ codebase for insurance companies (ROSNO, Allianz).
- Worked as a part of a support team that developed a set of reusable PL/SQL procedures.
- Created a report which runs each quarter on a consolidated 300GB database for all insurance products.