- Software Architect, DeveloperFreelance2010 - PRESENT
- Developed a multi-platform mobile application (using PhoneGap/Cordova and Sencha Touch) for operational instructions consulting and report inputting and submission by machine operators.
- Developed an iOS application for the top soccer market news site in Italy.
- Designed and developed the API service for a luxury hotel auction site (using Node.js). Supported clustering and managed authentication (local, Facebook), authorization (using roles), real-time auction notifications (via Socket.IO, Apple, and Google push notifications), payment processing, and back-office management. Stored all data in MongoDB and Redis databases.
- Reverse engineered PLC code and developed data collection systems.
- Configured and managed Amazon EC2 instances.
- iOS Game DeveloperKismik2009 - PRESENT
Technologies: Objective-C, C, Python, Lua
- Founded my little game company to publish my own games for iOS.
- Developed and published my first game, "Be2 - Escape from Pingland", which was featured in the "News & Noteworthy" section of the USA Apple App Store (and almost all the other app stores as well).
- Created a custom game engine based on Cocos2D, with an integrated Lua scripting engine, in-app purchase support, level auto-reload from the external editor, a networked debugger and control system scriptable in Lua, and integration of various analytics/social libraries (Flurry, OpenFeint).
- Developed a multi-platform custom level editor using Python and Qt. The editor can connect to a running game instance (simulator or device) and update levels/configurations as the game is running.
- After several prototypes, a couple of new games (and level editors) are almost finished.
- iOS DeveloperWestwing Home & Living GmbH2015 - 2015
Technologies: Objective-C, Auto-Layout, Size Classes, Facebook SDK, REST APIs
- Integrated with the existing team and successfully converted and extended the company's iPad application to an Universal iOS 7/8/9 application using size classes, auto-layout and some magic.
- Implemented unit tests for UI and business logic.
- Performed daily code reviews.
- Handled extensive debugging.
- Implemented new UI features and animations.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Software DeveloperCurrency Cloud2015 - 2015
- Created the Python client SDK for the Currency Cloud platform.
- Implemented unit, integration, and pep8 tests. Integrated with Travis CI.
- iOS DeveloperEtecMinds srl2015 - 2015
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK, Realm, MetaIO, AFNetworking
- Developed an augmented reality catalog for a light manufacturing company (Linea Light AR).
- Handled catalog synchronization with a remote server: optimized updates and enabled downloading of required assets.
- Implemented searchable catalog content. Used Realm.io for all database related tasks.
- Handled positioning of augmented reality 3D assets on a 2D image acquired from the device camera. Implemented pattern scanning and linking to a product's 3D asset or catalog entry.
- Developed an action system to bind the MetaIO AREL scripting system to the internal application catalog API.
- iOS Developer, Back-end Developerdrawp.it2014 - 2015
Technologies: Objective-C, iOS SDK, Core Data, OpenGL, Python, Django, MongoDB, Parse, S3, Stripe, Ext JS
- Implemented new iOS client features. Refactored, extended, and debugged the OpenGL rendering system (Drawp).
- Implemented the iOS asset storage and management system for off-line and on-line modes, with content synchronization within multiple devices and with the back-end.
- Added multiple signup/login support options (local, Facebook, Twitter) on the client and server. Implemented, refactored, and debugged the UI system and animations.
- Implemented the shop web site using jQuery and Django. Developed the user gallery management system and the product order/editing system. Used external APIs for payment processing (Stripe), tax calculation (TaxCloud), asset management (Parse), and photo/canvas printing and shipping (WHCC). (www.drawp.it).
- Implemented the back-end administrative interface using Sencha Ext JS. Handled user and asset management, report generation, and usage analytics.
- Implemented the server's asset management system, including caching, automatic asset generation, CDN support, integration with Parse and S3, and new asset rendering from shop orders (zoom, crop, rotation, color space adjustments, etc.).
- iOS DeveloperSibyl Vision, Inc.2013 - 2014
Technologies: iOS SDK, Objective-C, Core Data, Shinobi Charts, AFNetworking, Facebook SDK, Twitter SDK, Google+ SDK, Git, JSON
- Developed an iOS real-time data visualization application interfacing with an external API server.
- Made extensive use of Core Data with custom extensions like circular buffer records.
- Interfaced with a remote REST service using AFNetworking and JSON data structures.
- Developed custom widgets, like a hierarchical/expandable UITableView.
- Created an extensively configurable application ready for branding.
- Integrated Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ API.
- CEO, CTOD-Level SRL1999 - 2009
Technologies: Python, C, C++, Perl, SQL
- Designed and developed a multi-platform (Linux, OS X, Windows, Solaris, IRIX), multi-user (with RSBAC security), multi-tier (native graphical client using Python/QT, central configuration server, distributed agents and collectors), seamlessly distributed (all the nodes where seen as a single machine/API) platform for process automation. Wrote completely in Python except for a few lines of C.
- Managed a development team of 6 people scattered all over Europe.
- Managed large deployments of our system (>500 retail points) while developing custom solutions like electrical spikes prevention, refrigerators control and remote PLC configuration and data collection.
- Designed and implemented custom 3D visualization systems (using OpenGL) for real-time display of the operational status of production plants, using data collected in real-time from the plants' PLCs.
- Developed a geographically distributed surveillance system featuring real-time video analysis for motion detection (with priority and inactive zones), sensors' data acquisition and analysis, programmable custom response logic (email, SMS, lock activation, etc.).
- Software Developer, System AdministratorFreelance1998 - 1999
Technologies: Perl, C, Assembly x86, SQL
- Developed software to optimize paper production planning and cutting for a paper mill company. Used a customized bin-packing algorithm to manage 9 different variables. Reduced the planning process time from ~5/6 hours to ~5 minutes while enhancing the paper/waste ratio to an almost constant ~97% (3% up from the previous manual process).
- Developed software tools used to control, integrate, and enhance the functionalities of not-interoperable systems like cash counters, electronic scales and refrigerators.
- Developed and published on CPAN several extensions/libraries for the Perl programming language.
- Implemented IT basics and networks and taught programming courses held by European Community projects.
- Managed a few Windows networks.
- Software Developer, System AdministratorNauta SRL1997 - 1998
Technologies: Perl, C, SQL
- Developed dynamic web sites and eCommerce solutions using Perl.
- Developed network management and data collection utilities used to facilitate network and client administration and billing.
- Designed, configured, and administered data base servers, web servers, file servers, proxy servers, and firewalls used by clients in both the private and public sectors.
- Configured and managed international VPNs.
- Configured and managed Linux, Windows, and Cisco networks.
- Software Developer, System AdministratorFreelance1992 - 1996
Technologies: Assembly Intel x86, Assembly Motorola 68000, C, Perl
- Co-developed a 2D graphic engine for the Commodore Amiga using a mix of C and Motorola 68000 assembly language. Used the engine to show advertisements and information.
- Co-developed software to serve as a driver for the Commodore Amiga to control a massive display used for showing information/advertisement during public events.
- Configured and administered MS-DOS and Windows 3.1 networks.
- Developed software to perform data extraction and analysis from proprietary databases using Perl.