Founder | Full-stack Freelance Web Developer2019 - PRESENTOne Stop Technologies
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Node.js, AWS, TypeScript, Redux, React
- Built a serverless single-page eCommerce web app that provides online shuttle bus booking reservations between Richmond, and Harrison Hot Springs, BC. It uses a mobile-first design, has a Stripe integration for checkout, and email confirmations.
- Led the front-end development of a multi-region SaaS web application that aims to assist businesses complying with GDPR, LGPD, and several other data privacy (Next.js, React, TypeScript, and GraphQL).
Front-end Engineer I2019 - 2020Amazon
- Developed the front end for a new feature which allowed Alexa Skill Builders to upload audio files containing voice speech and run evaluations against Alexa's speech recognition algorithm to identify problematic words or phrases within their skill.
- Created the front end as well as the middle-tier (Java API Layer) for a highly dynamic button which allowed Alexa Skill Builders the ability to update the production version of their Alexa skill in minutes.
- Worked with a variety of different individuals throughout the Alexa Skills Kit organization including product managers and UX designers to obtain product requirements as well as remote senior engineers to obtain design and code review approval.
- Successfully built several front end features while meeting 90%+ code coverage in unit testing using Chai and Enzyme.
- Fixed a handful of user interface bugs within their existing React codebase.
- Provided front-end code reviews for any ad-hoc systems that my team mates were maintaining.
Software Developer2018 - 2019SpeedLine Solutions
Technologies: Serverless, TypeScript, Redux, React
- Led the research, design, and development of a Google Cloud API integration using Node.js, AWS and React to provide customers with address auto-completion during their checkout process.
- Ensured that the Google Cloud API integration was developed in a way that allowed SpeedLine Solutions to monitor and track the costs involved with supporting this feature for each of their tenants.
- Developed several additional full-stack features such as Google Map static embeds, extended schema definitions, and existing Node.js Lambda code to support new document fields.
- Introduced best practices for developing forms and performing client-side form validation using Formik, a popular form management library for React.
- Provided a learning presentation to the engineering department where I talked about GraphQL. I provided a short power point presentation and a live coding demo using AWS Amplify to generate GraphQL CRUD APIs within minutes based off of a schema.
Lead Software Developer2016 - 2018Wisebox Solutions
- Developed full-stack web-based software systems using a very unique proprietary programming language (Moxie.build/Learn-More-about-Frontend-Development). Successfully embraced and leveraged the unique advantages that this language offers.
- Obtained multiple promotions and pay raises during my time there and quickly found myself meeting directly with clients regularly to gather system requirements, provide quotes, as well as to demo, discuss, and recommend solid UI/UX design patterns.
- Led the development of several different apps from the ground up including a competition management system, a job search portal, a daycare membership application, a trail catalog system that was populated by member-submitted data, and more.
- Successfully oversaw a small team of developers and allocated work based on individual skill levels; I also provided detailed design information for each feature/subsystem along with quality assurance to ensure that each system worked properly.
- Built a VS Code extension to allow our developers to use this proprietary programming language in VS Code, which provided code autocomplete, code and code colorization such that methods, variables, and so on would be displayed in different colors.