Alex is a senior full-stack developer, working on the Microsoft platform for almost two decades. He has a strong background in IT security and secure coding practices combined with working with founders in fast-paced environments to create their software prototypes and MVPs. This combination gives Alex the skillset to correctly judge and explain trade-offs in designing software between value-generating functionality, your budget/timeline, and a reliable maintainable software system.
React, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC
The most amazing...
...security challenge I've worked on was an encrypted zero-knowledge (stateless encryption key) voting system for a large government body.
- Reimplemented a core product within a week from beginning to actual deployment for a paying client after previous the previous software system failed irrecoverably.
- Created a highly resilient and scaleable voting system that was trusted by large event organizers including SXSW.
- Established a secure continuous deployment process that allowed no developer access to production connection strings or data (using Azure KeyVault) while still enabling DevOps access to a high degree.
- Created the architecture from a basic MVP to the full SaaS platform used presently by Fortune 500 companies.
- Grew a team from two to six people, including developers and designers.
- Performed DevOps for all our systems, including non-Windows-based components.
- Worked with a high level of security for all our operations.
- Created a generic canvas widget framework for the basis of our user experience.
SBA Research GmbH
- Created a standard web application development framework on top of ASP.NET MVC using CQRS principles that was used throughout the team.
- Led a team of five developers for over three years working on different projects.
- Championed and implemented agile processes in the software development group.
- Led the yearly process improvement initiative to increase engineering practices and improve employee motivation and training.
- Worked closely with security researchers in-house on state-of-the-art security challenges and security-sensitive projects in industry and academia.
Security Research GmbH
- Worked with foreign clients in the energy sector to implement a complex work order management system for heavy vehicles in the oil fields.
- Implemented several security-sensitive applications for the Austrian Ministry of Health (in accordance with the Austrian version HIPAA).
- Created the visualization of the hydropower plants sensor data for the Danube hydro energy group.
- Created the internal time-tracking software in compliance with Austrian work laws.
- Created an integration system allowing automatic data flow between SAP, SharePoint, HR-Systems and IT for a large government body in Austria. I still maintain the systems and it is approaching its 10-year anniversary.
- Implemented Microsoft Identity Integration Server for a client in the energy sector.
- Created a J2ME UI widget toolkit for automotive prototypes based on the look and feel of the BMW in-car interface (also using the BMW-typical controller).
WhatAVenture Innovation Platform
It improves the efficiency of accelerators and companies, in managing, coaching, and supervising the progress of multiple startups and innovation teams.
That platform is currently being used by multiple Fortune 500 companies.
My role included product design, development, and go-to-market and sales.
Recapsy | Impressive Reports for Workshopshttps://www.recapsy.com
ASP.NET MVC, Flutter, Redux, ASP.NET Identity, .NET, OSGi, ASP.NET, Windows PowerShell, OAuth 2, Microsoft Sync Framework, Tailwind CSS
CQRS, Agile Software Development, REST
Azure, Windows, SharePoint, J2ME, Azure Functions, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Microsoft SQL Server, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, MySQL
Freelancing, Programming, Software Development, Full-stack, Web Development, Scrum Master, SAP, Identity Server, Azure Service Bus, Alpine
React, jQuery UI, jQuery, Windows Forms (WinForms)
Git, Microsoft Visual Studio, Subversion (SVN), Hangfire
Magister Degree (Equivalent to a Master's, 5 Year Program) in Business (Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
Vienna University of Economics and Business - Vienna, Austria
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Vienna University of Technology (Technische Universität Wien) - Vienna, Austria
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Technical University of Munich - Munich, Germany