Verified Expert in Engineering
Alex is a senior Ruby on Rails developer with extensive experience building APIs, working with and extending 3rd-party integrations, and building proof-of-concept software. Alex is pragmatic and detail-oriented, leverages the right tools for the job, and delivers projects on time.
The most amazing...
...project I've completed is an SMS chatbot integrated with the Thanx platform, allowing users to access Thanx without a mobile application.
Senior Software Engineer
- Architected and built Thanx's first public API, allowing the company to acquire customers that were looking for a custom experience.
- Led the back-end component of an online ordering integration with OLO, allowing Thanx to expand the reach of the product and leverage a new source of revenue.
- Worked extensively with customer success to build and refine internal tooling via ActiveAdmin.
- Wrote a chatbot powered by the Twilio API that allowed a user access to their Thanx data via SMS.
- Led an upgrade to integration with Visa's SOAP API.
- Contributed to a messaging web app designed for hotel employees to interact with customers.
- Developed an integration with Oracle Opera property management system.
- Built a tool to automate translations for UI elements, reducing the time required for developers to run new words or phrases through Google Translate.
- Developed peer-to-peer payment features, such as sending money, adding money to a prepaid account, and withdrawing money to a bank account for Google Wallet.
- Contributed to a UI redesign of the Gmail Web UI.
- Moved dozens of Gmail UI experiments to launched or deprecated, which involved extensive cleanup and quality assurance.
Thanx Public APIhttps://docs.thanx.com/
This API supports a third-party website or mobile client that wishes to register users with loyalty programs run by Thanx and sign them up for email marketing.
Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ember.js, Bootstrap
REST APIs, Sidekiq, Twilio API, Stripe, Devise, React
GitHub, RSpec, Looker, Git, Mailchimp, Atom, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES)
Mandrill, Heroku, Twilio, Amazon Web Services (AWS), New Relic, MacOS
Redis, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch
ActiveAdmin, APIs, Back-end, API Integration, Ruby Gems, API Documentation, Code Review, SaaS, Full-stack, Upgrades, Estimations
Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile, Microservices
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring