Data Science Instructor2019 - PRESENTLambda School
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), MongoDB, Redis, SQLite, PostgreSQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, Bokeh, Plotly, Matplotlib, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, AWS
- Taught a data science and machine learning course that produces job market-ready graduates.
- Reviewed curriculum with cohort team leads so they can better support students.
- Provided support tailored to students' level of technical experience.
Data Scientist2018 - 2019Pornhub
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Hive, SQLite, PostgreSQL, OpenCV, PyTorch, Keras, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, Bokeh, Plotly, Matplotlib, Blaze, Dask, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy
- Automated the most time-consuming stage of the post-production team’s workflow by developing, deploying and monitoring a deep learning-based video action recognition system.
- Performed extensive cost/benefit analysis of various third-party crowd-sourced data services such as Amazon Mechanical Turk, Figure Eight, and Labelbox.
- Designed and developed a public-facing web application to crowd-source image labeling and annotation data, thus eliminating the need for third-party services and cutting project costs by $100+ thousand.
- Implemented customer segmentation algorithms for more precise advertisement targeting.
- Continuously improved the process of deploying and monitoring the performance of ML models in production by utilizing the best CI/CD practices such as code and model versioning or unit and integration testing.
Machine Learning Engineer2017 - 2018Splunk
Technologies: Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, Bokeh, Plotly, Matplotlib, Blaze, Dask, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, Windows, MacOS, Linux
- Built machine learning applications within the Splunk ecosystem to allow users without a strong data science background to quickly train, validate, and deploy ML models.
- Implemented novel parameter-free machine learning algorithms in Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.
- Designed serialization, versioning, and storage functionality of ML models in Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.
- Provided consulting services to Splunk’s clients solving their operational and domain-specific challenges as well as establishing their data analytics strategy using Splunk.
Software Engineer2013 - 2016UrtheCast
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Elasticsearch, Splunk, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Hive, SQLite, PostgreSQL, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Jupyter, Bokeh, Plotly, Matplotlib, Blaze, Dask, Pandas, SciPy, AWS, Linux
- Designed and developed software systems to process and classify satellite images using modern software development practices, including unit testing, continuous integration, and configuration management.
- Performed statistical modeling to test and verify the performance of developed algorithms.
- Administered on-premise and cloud-based Linux servers by installing and troubleshooting system software and programs.
- Developed Operations Database System for convenient monitoring of Space Segment’s health status, command execution, and data flow by allowing execution of interactive queries and creation of custom dashboards.
- Performed anomaly detection and statistical data analysis of log and telemetry data.