Verified Expert in Engineering
Alex is an ML engineer with 10+ years of experience in the tech industry. He has shared his expertise as an invited speaker at various conferences and meetups, helped companies with their ML strategy, and advised startups on their Data Science curriculum. He's also the founder and organizer of PyData Montreal, Canada's largest PyData meetup.
Python, Keras, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, SQL, DVC, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Science, Machine Learning
The most amazing...
...project I've done is build machine learning-based services used by millions of users a day.
- Acted as the technical account manager for large enterprise clients that account for over 65% of the company's revenue.
- Supported clients in integrating iterative tools into their existing systems and processes. Led training sessions on the best MLOps practices.
- Partnered with founders and product and sales teams to drive sales, define the product roadmap, and demonstrate the technical capacities of iterative tools.
Data Science Consultant
- Delivered corporate training on data science, machine learning, and MLOps.
- Developed and refined the data science curriculum to improve outcomes at online boot camp programs and universities.
- Worked with several organizations, namely O'Reilly Media, McKinsey, Lambda School, Yandex Practicum, and Concordia University.
Senior Data Scientist
- Led the development of predictive maintenance and computer vision applications at Rio Tinto's smelters and hydroelectric power stations.
- Mentored junior software engineers and data scientists.
- Established team processes and best engineering practices.
Senior Data Scientist
- Automated a part of the post-production team's workflow by developing a deep learning-based video action recognition system.
- Designed and developed a public-facing web application to crowd-source image labeling and annotation data, eliminating the need for expensive 3rd party services.
- Improved the process of deploying and monitoring the performance of ML models in production by utilizing the best CI/CD practices, such as code and model versioning and unit and integration testing.
Machine Learning Engineer
- Built machine learning applications within the Splunk ecosystem to allow users without a strong data science background to train, validate, and deploy ML models quickly.
- Implemented novel parameter-free machine learning algorithms in Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.
- Provided consulting services to Splunk's clients, solving their operational and domain-specific challenges and establishing their data analytics strategy using Splunk.
- Designed and developed software systems to process and classify satellite images using modern software development practices, including unit testing, continuous integration, and configuration management.
- Performed statistical modeling to test and verify the performance of developed algorithms.
- Administered on-premise and cloud-based Linux servers by installing and troubleshooting system software and programs.
- Developed an operations database system for convenient monitoring of space segment's health status, command execution, and data flow by allowing the execution of interactive queries and creating custom dashboards.
NSFW Data Scraperhttps://github.com/alex000kim/nsfw_data_scraper
Presentation on Approximate Nearest Neighborshttps://github.com/alex000kim/ann_presentation
Parameter-free K-means Clustering: X-meanshttps://github.com/alex000kim/XMeans
Video Frame Removerhttps://github.com/alex000kim/video_frame_remover
Python, R, SQL
NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, Scikit-learn, SciPy, PyTorch, Fast.ai, Keras, OpenCV, Dask
Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Windows, Amazon EC2, Azure
Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Image Recognition, Neural Networks, Continuous Machine Learning (CML), Blaze, Bokeh, Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), CI/CD Pipelines, Machine Learning Operations (MLOps), Education, Training
PyCharm, Plotly, Jupyter, Splunk, ELK (Elastic Stack), Amazon SageMaker, Git, GitLab, GitHub, MATLAB, Confluence, Jira
Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Apache Hive, Redis, MongoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Master's Degree in Physics
Unviersity of Alberta - Edmonton, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Physics
Moscow State University - Moscow, Russia
AWS Cloud Architect
Splunk Certified Power User
Machine Learning Engineer Nanodegree
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring