Independent Software Consultant2020 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: REST, Shopify API, React Native, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails (RoR), TypeScript 3
- Overhauled and streamlined the architecture and API client of a React Native (Hooks) mobile app for performance and development velocity.
- Ported a GraphQL API client in a React Native (Hooks) mobile app to a REST API while leaving as much existing code intact as possible.
- Advised decisions and courses of action that would result in the greatest benefit to the company and the engineering team.
- Wrote a one-way sync from the Shopify API to a PostgreSQL database, taking care to avoid race conditions and rate limits.
Independent Software Consultant2019 - 2020Self-employed
Technologies: Node.js, Hasura, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, React, React Native, Heroku, TypeScript 3
- Implemented a large new section of a React Native mobile app for helping users take dental photos over time. Used React Hooks.
- Debugged and resolved bugs as needed when filed by customers and customer support.
- Aided the modification of the back-end API server and its third-party integrations, including an entire new integration that retrieved user information from a partner service.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2019Spacious Technologies, Inc.
- Ported an existing Node+MongoDB back-end stack to Clojure+Datomic, including a new DevOps pipeline with continuous testing and deployment, while maintaining and increasing quality and performance.
- Maintained, modified, and extended complex integrations with third-party tools and APIs such as Stripe, Segment, Intercom, Slack, and analytics tools.
- Transitioned the company through major customer-facing features (with very few resources) and pricing changes while maintaining day-to-day operations and system stability and performance.