Verified Expert in Engineering
DevOps Engineer and AWS Developer
Alex is a DevOps engineer with several years of experience in cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as code (IaC), containerization, CI/CD, monitoring and observability, configuration management, and shell scripting. His technologies include AWS, Azure, Terraform, Terragrunt, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Flux, GitHub, GitLab, CircleCI, SumoLogic, Datadog, Elastic Stack, TypeScript, Python, and Linux. Alex learns fast and continuously welcomes a challenge.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Python, Linux, GitHub, Sumo Logic, Datadog, TypeScript
The most amazing...
...project I've implemented is an ML operations project on AWS using Kubeflow for model deployment.
Kubernetes and Terraform Specialist
- Deployed and managed the production-grade infrastructure, including the network topology, orchestration tools, databases, caches, load balancers, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, alerting, log aggregation, etc.
- Defined and managed infrastructure as code using Terraform, Terragrunt, and Gruntwork Service Catalog; also developed custom Terraform modules to meet the company's needs.
- Moved services from AWS ECS (an old AWS account) to AWS EKS without downtime.
Site Reliability Engineer
- Built, tested, troubleshot, and maintained IaC code for software systems and infrastructure.
- Promoted strong design principles as they relate to scalability, disposable resources, automation, loose coupling, databases, removing single points of failure, cache, cost, and security.
- Worked closely with lead engineers, software engineering managers and principals, they champion architectural decisions that facilitate the work of their teams and our business as a whole.
AWS Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
- Used the latest DevOps and cloud deployment techniques—Amazon EKS and AWS ECR, RDS, EC2, and S3—to create and integrate innovative new products into the company's platform.
- Built and deployed infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Designed and tested high-security, leakproof back-end infrastructure to host multitenant and single-tenant deployments.
- Provided support to small-but-mighty engineering teams that utilized CI/CD principles in GitLab and Argo CD.
- Performed standard database administration duties using RDS, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, and other ANSI SQL platforms.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Pro Notary LLC
- Designed, improved, and monitored the cloud infrastructure on AWS and Azure.
- Developed and managed the infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Created and maintained the CI/CD pipelines using Azure Pipelines, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, and Argo CD.
- Set up and maintained monitoring and observability systems using ELK (Elastic Stack).
- Worked on configuration management and application deployment using Ansible, Python, and Bash.
- Developed microservices and REST APIs using Ruby on Rails.
- Built and deployed Docker containers to break up a monolithic app into microservices, which improved the developer workflow and increased scalability.
- Automated the deployment, scaled, and managed the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Designed, improved, and monitored the cloud infrastructure on AWS, including IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, SNS, SQS, ECR, and EKS.
- Created and maintained the CI/CD pipelines using Bitbucket, Jenkins, and CircleCI.
- Set up and maintained the monitoring and observability systems using ELK (Elastic Stack).
MLOps Platform on AWS using Kubeflow for Model Deployment
The code of an ML model, ML pipeline, infrastructure, and dependencies (all of which are stored and versioned in Git), as well as a dataset from a centralized feature store, are compiled into the model by ML Orchestrator to generate logs, metrics, alerts, and data for storage and analysis.
Continuous delivery and experimentation workflows are dynamically integrated. This setup allows us to use the same pipeline to initiate experiments manually and automatically. These are triggered from Git hooks and CI/CD tools for continuous integration and deployment.
Migrating AWS Infrastructure Using Gruntwork Reference Architecture
• Deployed and managed production-grade infrastructure, including the network topology, orchestration tools, databases, caches, load balancers, CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, alerting, log aggregation, etc.
• Defined and managed the infrastructure as code using Terraform, Terragrunt, and Gruntwork Service Catalog; also developed custom Terraform modules to meet the company's needs.
• Moved services from AWS ECS to AWS EKS without any downtime.
Bash, Bash Script, Python, Snowflake, TypeScript
Terraform, Jenkins, Amazon EKS, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), AWS IAM, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), ELK (Elastic Stack), Ansible, Helm, CircleCI, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Bitbucket, GitLab CI/CD, Vault, GitHub, AWS Fargate, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Sumo Logic
DevOps, Microservices, Azure DevOps
Docker, Kubernetes, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Azure, New Relic, AWS Lambda
Cloud Deployment, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), PostgreSQL, Database Administration (DBA), Datadog
Argo CD, Amazon RDS, Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps Engineer, AWS Cloud Architecture, SysOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD Pipelines, Configuration Management, GitHub Actions, Amazon API Gateway, Gruntwork, Kubeflow, Computer Science
Django, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
Shenyang Institute of Engineering - Shenyang, Liaoning, China
Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
The Linux Foundation
Certified Jenkins Engineer
HashiCorp Certified: Terraform Associate
Docker Certified Associate
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
AWS Certified Developer Associate
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate