Software Development Expert2011 - 2014SuccessFactors, an SAP Company
Technologies: Subversion (SVN), Git, SAP S4 HANA Cloud Services, SAP HANA, MongoDB, Python, Java
- Implemented rich media management functionality in SAP Jam (social collaboration platform).
- Designed and developed a shared service for rich media management. The service is used by multiple SuccessFactors and SAP products to deliver video and audio features to the end users.
- Designed and developed the SuccessFactors core framework responsible for dynamic data model management and persistence.
- Created a REST API functional testing framework to ensure reusable services quality and avoid regressions.
- Managed a team of four developers in Saint Petersburg, Russia.
CTO and Chief Architect2010 - 2011Jambok
Technologies: CouchDB, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java, Django, Python
- Designed and developed a SaaS knowledge sharing platform for corporations.
- Implemented microservices architecture to reduce dependencies and increase development speed and reliability.
- Automated acceptance and integration testing to increase product quality despite the absence of QA engineers.
- Managed a team of five engineers based in California, Russia, and Brazil.
- Brought product in record time to market, from the prototype in a month to first beta customers in two months and paying customers in three months.
Lead Software Architect, Sun Learning Services2007 - 2010Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Technologies: CouchDB, Oracle, MySQL, Git, Subversion (SVN), Ruby, Django, Python, Java
- Reorganized Sun Learning Services technical infrastructure from more than fifty systems to fewer than ten, resulting in over 10x cost reduction.
- Architected and developed the Sun Learning eXchange online learning service allowing Sun Employees, key partners, and customers to use rich media (video, audio, presentations) and share their knowledge in a social infrastructure. Developed using Python and Django in conjunction with Java-based services.
- Architected and developed the MyLearning learning management system (based on Oracle iLearning, Atlassian Confluence) to manage employee onboarding, online and offline learning, compliance, and certifications.
- Participated in the Sun Partner Advantage competency tracking system as technical lead, delivering solutions to calculate partners' competencies based on their employees learning and certification history. Ruby on Rails-based UI + Oracle RDBMS and Oracle BI back-end.
- Introduced Agile (Scrum, Kanban) practices to improve the development process.
- Introduced automated acceptance testing practices to improve quality and reduce manual QA efforts.
- Provided technical leadership for a team of over twenty engineers spread all over the world.
Software Developer2005 - 2007Conject AG
Technologies: Oracle, Subversion (SVN), Java EE
- Implemented an instant messaging module for a real estate project management system (Jabber + Web Interface + AJAX).
- Developed a web camera monitoring module for a real estate project management system that allowed customers to visually monitor building progress, property management services, and tracked image archive.
- Introduced functional test automation using Jameleon and integration test automation using FitNesse.
- First (successful) experience with Agile development and Scrum processes.
Software Engineer2002 - 2005SeaData Co.
Technologies: Java EE, Java SE, PHP
- Developed a content management system for the SeaNews.RU news and analytics agency.
- Developed custom plugins for the HP helpdesk system to improve workload balance for support engineers.
- Improved the advertising banners rotation system for the SeaNews.RU site.
- Created a desktop application (Java SE + Swing) for content management for the SeaNews.RU web site.
- Participated in intranet communications portal product development and implemented news management and people directory modules.