- Senior Python Developer2014 - 2015Consumeraffairs.com (via TopTal)
Technologies: Django, Python, AngularJS, CoffeeScript, MySQL, Celery, Django REST Framework
- Solved performance problems related to non-effective database queries.
- Developed a module to build Django ORM queries that can pre-load data to greatly reduce the number of database queries needed to retrieve the same amount of data.
- Implemented a star rating calculation routine that does not suffer from performance issues.
- Developed a script to detect South migration conflicts between a GitHub repository and its open pull-requests, as well as any Git branch, local or remote.
- Participated in project refactoring aimed at decoupling brands and consumer parts of the site.
- Software Engineer2014 - 2014Livefyre.com (via TopTal)
- Designed and developed an ESI-application that would assemble compound documents from Amazon S3 and the local cache.
- Developed a front-end application for real-time monitoring and control of an ESI back-end using AngularJS.
- Designed and developed an application to integrate with Facebook Public Feed API using Flask and gevent.
- Developed background tasks to parse Facebook Public Feed data and future enhance it with data gathered via Facebook Graph API.
- Developed a Celery task to retrieve and normalize RSS-feeds from thousands of sources.
- Developed a module to filter data collected from different sources using the Elasticsearch Percolator feature. Implemented an adaptive rate control to prevent overloading.
- Assisted with the development of MongoDB to Elasticsearch data migration utility.
- Senior Python Developer2014 - 2014Noodle.com (via TopTal)
Technologies: Django, Amazon S3, Celery, PostgreSQL
- Developed a platform for background tasks like importing of external data and data validation using Celery.
- Created a Django admin interface to control the background job queue.
- Identified and fixed performance issues in existing Python code.
- Ported legacy Python modules.
- Participated in the design and development of migration from MongoDB to PostgreSQL.
- Full Stack Django Developer2013 - 2014Digital First Ventures (via TopTal)
Technologies: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, MySQL, Amazon S3, Celery
- Developed the back-end of pushpenny.com using Python/Django.
- Created a reusable Django application to track visitors using Google Analytics.
- Created a RESTful API for an AngularJS front-end using the Django REST Framework (keensmb.com).
- Integrated asset management with the existing Django application to better control content stored on Amazon S3.
- Created Celery tasks for background image processing (keensmb.com).
- Software Developer / Project Manager2002 - 2013Ajax Call Centres
- Created a web-application to monitor and control core company's business processes.
- Developed FastCGI / WSGI server that is capable of handling thousands of simultaneous long-polling connections.
- Was involved in analysis and design of migration of legacy system (IBM Informix 4GL, PHP) to Python-based solution (Pylons/Pyramid, SQLAlchemy, Spread Toolkit).
- Designed and developed communication library used as a backbone for development of distributed applications.
- Was involved in design of company's development processes and policies.
- Designed and implemented measures and policies to improve company's Internet security infrastructure and ability to comply with PCI SSC requirements.
- Java Developer2001 - 2002SeeStorm
Technologies: Java, Perl, GNU utils
- Improved performance of backend server for SeeStorm product family.
- Increased performance and reliablility of protocol used by backend.
- Assisted QA department to improve test automation.
- Improved automated daily builds and testing for backend server.
- Assisted in setting up automated source code checking for compliance with company coding standards.
- Software Engineer1997 - 1998InkomBank
Technologies: Pascal, C, IBM Rexx
- Supported currency exchange subsystem of the bank.
- Supported ATM software.
- Maintained network connectivity to head office.
- Developed reports for Loans department.
- Supported internal messaging application based on UUCP-protocol and strong cryptography.
- Supported server side of Bank-Client application.