Verified Expert in Engineering
Alexander is a professional Web GIS developer with expertise in both vector and raster geospatial data visualization, including writing efficient renderers and creating optimized geospatial data formats. He is the author of several public plugins of the Leaflet.js mapping library and assisted on a data structure that functions with vast temporal archives of satellite imagery in a browser.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Git, Ubuntu, Windows
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on is a data structure that works with vast temporal archives of satellite imagery in a browser.
Developer and Project Manager
- Integrated Agrirouter services in different farm management information systems.
- Worked as the lead developer and managed small development teams.
- Created open-source libraries to manage ISOXML (ISO 11783-10) files.
Senior GIS Full-stack Developer
Belmont Technology (via Toptal)
- Designed and implemented a GIS back end based on PostGIS and Mapnik.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of elements related to geospatial data tasks.
Back-end GIS Developer
FLOW LLC (via Toptal)
- Managed PostgreSQL + PostGIS database with geospatial datasets.
- Processed raster images to estimate spatial properties of features in the images.
- Created admin panel using Django framework for the database geospatial features.
Vice President of Engineering
- Developed all web widgets, including the main map view and the administration panel.
- Managed technical projects, such as collecting geospatial data.
- Collected and processed different types of GIS data (including the management of outsourcers).
Adverator (via Toptal)
- Created a framework for the automatic generation of client-side rendering vector data (vector tiles).
- Rendered vector maps.
Lead Front-end Developer
- Developed the UI for a Web GIS.
- Developed a client-side vector renderer of geospatial data.
- Maintained general architecture and common frameworks of the front-end part of the Web GIS.
- Created several public plugins for the Leaflet.js mapping library.
- Analyzed and tuned video encoder rate control algorithms.
- Researched in area depth reconstruction from motion using machine learning.
- Created a framework to measure encoded video quality based on objective metrics.
Laboratory of Computer Graphics and Multimedia, Moscow State University
- Developed Voxel visualization of urban environments.
- Created video quality estimation using advanced quality metrics.
- Developed annual objective video codec comparisons.
Streetography Web Widgethttps://widget.streetography.com/
From a technical perspective, this project required a combination of different techniques: complex processing of raster data in the browser, working with vector data (in Mapbox Vector Tiles format), performance optimization of animations, etc.
GeoMixer Web GIShttp://geomixer.ru/index.php/en/
I created the main UI and managed front-end development in general.
Boundary Canvas Plugin for Leaflet.jshttps://github.com/aparshin/leaflet-boundary-canvas
GIBS Plugin for Leaflet.jshttps://github.com/aparshin/leaflet-GIBS
Fractals with Leaflet.js and Web Workershttps://github.com/aparshin/leaflet-fractal
L.TileLayer.Canvas is used to visualize different types of fractals. All rendering is performed in Web Workers resulting in smooth user interaction.
Annual MSU Video Codec Comparisonhttp://www.compression.ru/video/codec_comparison/index_en.html
TypeScript Library for ISOXML File Managementhttps://github.com/dev4Agriculture/isoxml-js
Redux, Bootstrap, Django
Git, Webpack 4, Gulp, MATLAB, Webpack, Atom Text, GIS, Grunt
Mapbox, Ubuntu, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Windows
GeoJSON, ISOXML, ISO 11783, Front-end, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Software, ArcGIS API, Rendering, CommonJS, Agriculture, Agrirouter, Full-stack, Cartography, CartoCSS
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Functional Programming
PostgreSQL, PostGIS, CartoDB
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Moscow State Univerity - Moscow, Russia