Part-time Consultant and Front-end Developer2015 - PRESENTMetromart Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Ember.js, Ember-data, Ember-cli-deploy, Stylus, JSON:API, Ruby on Rails
- Supported the main front-end application.
- Consulted on architecture and project management.
- Communicated with a remote team (mostly in Southeast Asia).
- Built a testing framework and exception management function from the ground up.
- Worked on the full test coverage.
- Built component-based CSS infrastructure.
- Contribute to back-end development.
Full-stack Developer2015 - 2016Sidecar Technologies (via Toptal)
- Maintained all the company's web projects (consoles, dashboards, websites, etc.).
- Built a RESTful API for support dashboard.
- Open-sourced a Google Maps add-on for Ember.js allowing to manage markers, routes, and overlays.
- Created a self-built adjustable server polling service for support dashboards.
- Implemented several server-side background jobs constantly monitoring deliveries and alerting the support team when needed.
- Integrated with Desk.com API for automatic creation of support cases.
- Integrated with Slack to alert the company's partners in private channels.
- Ensured ~95% test coverage.
- Reimplemented authentication system from API key based to oauth2.
Front-end Developer2015 - 2015SandyClock Inc. (via Toptal)
Technologies: Ember.js, Cordova, Android, Java, Objective-C
- Ported native iOS apps to Ember/Cordova.
- Created a Cordova plugin for power management.
- Worked on a Cordova plugin for continuous QR-code scanning.
- Helped with API format.
- Ensured near 100% test code coverage.
CTO2013 - 2015LoyalJet
Technologies: Ember.js, LESS, Ruby on Rails, JSON API, Redis, Sidekiq, Heroku, Amazon S3
- Built the core IT team and infrastructure from scratch.
- Contributed actively to front-end development.
- Facilitated some of the Scrum processes and empowered the team to self-organize.
- Managed the lifecycle of code development, from ideas to sprints and deployment.
- Coordinated and managed code releases.
- Tracked and adjusted team velocity and sprint/release progress.
CTO2012 - 2013Interactive Services
Technologies: Oracle, PL\SQL, PHP, Symfony, RabbitMQ, Zabbix, Java, Objective-C
- Led an IT and design team of fifteen to twenty people.
- Worked on better integration of all technical departments in company.
- Created a mobile development department consisting of six iOS and Android developers.
- Combined spec writers and QA engineers into a newly-created Department of System Analysis to ensure better task and specs quality.
- Developed an IT strategy aligned with the company's vision and goals.
- Oversaw the process of updating and upgrading IT infrastructure.
- Developed several new products for the company.
- Contributed to the code for iOS, Android, and web applications.
- Coordinated the development of a monitoring system based on Zabbix.
Development Team Lead2011 - 2012Interactive Services
Technologies: Oracle, PL\SQL, PHP, jQuery, Symfony, Postgres, Smarty
- Led the team of three in-house developers and several outsourcers.
- Recruited new junior developers.
- Managed the lifecycle of projects development according to company's Waterfall process.
- Participated in front-end and back-end development using Oracle, PL\SQL, PHP5, Symfony 1.4, and SVN.
- Ensured better quality of products by integrating QA engineers into the development process.
- Built better communication and mutual support between IT and sales teams.
- Participated in negotiations and presentations to clients.
- Maintained the company's old services built using Postgres, Smarty, PHP4, Symfony 1.2.
Web Developer2011 - 2011Interactive Services
Technologies: Oracle, PL\SQL, PHP, Symfony, jQuery
- Developed business logic and mechanics for SMS services and promotional campaigns using Oracle and PL\SQL.
- Worked on APIs for external websites using a custom PHP framework.
- Created several promotional websites using PHP5, jQuery, and CSS.
- Build several statistical interfaces for promotional campaigns analysis.
- Collaborated with other development team members, external designers, project managers, and QA staff.
- Participated in the development of a CRM system to manage all promotional activities of global tobacco company JTI.
Web Developer2010 - 2011Everybody Enjoys
Technologies: PHP, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
- Collaborated with a small team of two web designers and a project manager.
- Developed websites for various clients using PHP, CSS, and jQuery.
- Experimented with AJAX techniques.
- Worked on the development of a homemade CMS.
- Contributed to the SEO of a studio's website.