Verified Expert in Engineering
Computer Science Developer
Alex is a senior software developer and leader with a Ph.D. in technology and over a decade of professional experience as an engineer and as a tech and team lead. His expertise encompasses programming languages like C#, Java, and Python; paradigms like OOP and OOD; performance optimization and algorithmic challenges; and collaboration facilitated by Agile development, Gitflow, and CI/CD.
Redmine, Skype, Visual Studio, Android Studio, PyCharm, Windows, Linux
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is the DSS system for the largest company in the Russian pulp and paper industry.
Senior Software Developer
- Developed the basic features on the back-end like CRUD entities related to robots like devices, maps, locations, and projects.
- Implemented a mechanism for sending commands to control robots and processing incoming orders from them. Based on MQTT and STOMP protocols.
- Created a microservice for the history of robot actions for the required analytics.
- Developed a microservice for integration with industrial elevators such as OTIS and KONE.
- Improved performance in processing commands from robots.
Senior Software Developer | Team and Tech Lead
- Designed math models and architected and implemented most back-end logic, including complex optimization algorithms of three DSS systems for factories. One of them was the largest Russian pulp and paper industry company.
- Built an Android application as a part of a DSS system that provides factory management the ability to enter, view summary reports, and control important business processes.
- Improved the microservice architecture of the project related to processing sensor signals to predict breakdowns of machines and their parts in factories.
- Implemented REST APIs to get necessary data to visualize various signal characteristics, including online data with WebSocket connections in conjunction with MQTT protocol.
- Designed and implemented some basic components of the UI in Vue.js.
- Managed a team of five developers to complete all the steps and tasks required to create products successfully.
- Designed and developed a framework of optimization algorithms for solving a wide range of manufacturing tasks.
- Developed business logic code and fixed database issues on various platforms.
- Developed a data access layer and participated in UI for an Excel add-in application with the ability to CRUD historian tags from the Metso DNA Historian database.
- Helped improve the structure of the Windows Phone application for Metso DNA Historian data workflow and implemented numerous new features.
- Worked on the back end for the Metso DNA Portal web application, which is the hub for Metso applications.
- Worked on the core of the application for automating the taxi service.
- Implemented a client's notification service (SMS/calls), bound PBX Asterisk stuff, created a web application for viewing the KPIs of the taxi service, and built an Android application to order a taxi.
- Created a vending Android application for receiving data from vending machines via Bluetooth using DEX protocol and transferring them to storage.
- Implemented most of the back-end logic of a web application that enables event management, participation, charity work, and pledging and provides payment services and reporting for accounting purposes.
- Helped improve the code of a sensor signal processing application.
- Implemented a JMS layer based on an Apache ActiveMQ messages broker that handles millions of signal events from a big sensor chain.
- Implemented a service that persists signal events from sensors to the Hadoop database.
Android SDK, NHibernate, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework Core, .NET Core, .NET, FluentMigrator, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET MVC, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Spring MVC, Hadoop, .NET 5, Django
Web API, REST APIs, AutoMapper, SQLAlchemy, SignalR, JMS, GDAL, jQuery, Asyncio, Socket.IO, Vue
Visual Studio, C#.NET WinForms, Redmine, Android Studio, PyCharm, Apache Maven, Stimulsoft Reports, MQTT, RabbitMQ, Gradle, Asterisk, Docker Compose, Keycloak
Android, Windows, Linux, Oracle, Docker, Kubernetes
Computer Science, Mathematical Modeling, Mathematical Programming, APIs, Web Development, WebSockets, LINQ to DB
MySQL, MSSQLCE, PostgreSQL, ClickHouse, MongoDB
Ph.D. in Computer Science
Petrozavodsk State University - Petrozavodsk
Master's Degree in Mathematics and Computer Science
Petrozavodsk State University - Petrozavodsk
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring