Full-stack Web Developer2014 - PRESENTToptal
Technologies: Python, Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Heroku, AWS
- Created a web-based CRM for health insurance agents across the USA, with automated email notifications, status tracking, and specialized tools like template insurance offering.
- Created a web search for Health Insurance plans based on US government insurance plans databases. The search included flexible filtering and adaptive cost estimation (age, smoking factor, annual income, family members, and automatically calculated subsidy).
- Created an editor for online courses, enabling education resources to be created with embedded videos, illustration images, formatted texts, and formulas.
- Created an online portal for educational courses with flexible course access management (grouped access lists with tagged resource linkage). Also the portal provides an environment for watching courses and tracking progress.
- Developed a fingerprint indexing and detection engine based on minutia points detection.
- Stood up an online fingerprint database with the capability to add new fingerprint images and search by fingerprint image.
Web Developer, Project Manager2013 - 2014Elksimo Inc.
- Created complete project infrastructure for development, testing, deployment, and bug/issue tracking.
- Developed a delegated programming pipeline.
- Created Web service for online landing page construction and hosting.
- Created a Web service for finding a location for a wedding.
- Created 17 landing pages with pixel--perfect HTML & CSS and split-testing back-end.
Senior Web Developer, R&D Department Manager2011 - 2014ASIA Consulting Group, Inc.
- Created Web service software that provides e-polls for companies (estimating staff involvement ratio, discovering organization strengths and weaknesses, etc.).
- Created an application for automated poll form recognition using image processing.
- Gained experience in managing teams with diversely specialized members (IT-specialists, designers, testers, business consultants and clients).
- Gained experience in resource estimation, project planning and time management.
Teacher of IT and Computer Science2009 - 2014Novosibirsk State University
Technologies: C, C++, Java, OOP, OOA&D, UML, Git, Network Programming, Parallel Programming
- Created education methodic. Created lectures for fast key aspects understanding. Structured programming knowledge.
- Approved communication and presentation skills. Learned to transfer thoughts and ideas to students.
- Learned mentoring and 1-to-1 education process.
- Trained students to be best at programming, by results of final exams.
- Got 5 students for scientific advisory (~2 students per year) as a result of good training methodology acceptance.
Junior Scientist and Web Developer2008 - 2014Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
- Created a complex, graph-based configuration database and UI for managing hardware and software settings on physical facilities.
- Created utilities and plugins for hardware accessing and data processing.
- Gained experience in scientific writing and presenting. Posted articles to scientific journals and presented work results on conferences.
- Gained experience in role delegation and project management by being a scientific adviser of approximately two students per year.
Senior Web Developer2008 - 2010Netive Software, Ltd.
- Developed modules for Claromentis Intranet Web Application (outsourcing for Great Britain).
- Supported and maintained older modules of Claromentis.
- Progressed from ordinary team member to Team Lead.
- Developed clean, well-designed Object-Oriented Programming on PHP.
- Worked in a team with developers and testers.
Python Developer2009 - 2009CERN
Technologies: Python, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, Resource pooling
- Created Oracle connections pool with dynamic performance optimisation for Python web application.
- Learned advanced Python programing.
- Created deep unit tests with high code coverage involving black box and white box testing methodologies.
- Created user and API documentation.
- Worked in multilingual teams, participated in regular meetings and planning.
Software Developer2005 - 2008Institute of Automation and Electrometry
Technologies: C, C++, C#, .Net, Java, Intel OpenCV, Microsoft DirectX, OpenGL, Pixel Shaders Programming, Vertex Shaders Programming
- Created a program for line segment recognition in a noisy, interlaced video stream.
- Created software for visually constructing and processing graphs using a set of implemented image-processing algorithms.
- Implemented 20+ mathematical image processing algorithms.
- Gained experience in analyzing algorithms documentation and using it as instructions for implementation.
- Gained experience in working with scientific software in a team setting.
System Administrator1999 - 2008SibTechnoSoft, Ltd.
- Supported Web servers based on Perl, PHP and Apache.
- Created a virtual private network (VPN).
- Configured 100+ PC hardware units, operating systems, drivers, and software settings.
- Optimized PC machine performance.
- Supported client PC machines through phone calls and personal visits.