Verified Expert in Engineering
With 12+ years of experience in software engineering ranging from startups to global corporations, Alexander has collected a comprehensive set of experiences while working on diverse projects. He's worked himself up from being a software engineer to the level of a distinguished software engineer in big corporations, also having had the role of director for engineering, to name a few.
MacOS, Git, GitLab, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Kubernetes, GitOps, Helm, Linux, Containerization
The most amazing...
...project I've ever worked on is a 3D construction software aimed to help architects plan building facades with a tight integration into Autodesk Revit.
Distinguished Software Engineer
- Integrated products in the portfolio for building an ecosystem.
- Worked on architecture cross-cutting, long-term IT strategy.
- Optimized cost for AWS and other parts of the product by increasing efficiency.
- Designed and implemented stable long-term APIs for both internal and external use.
YOMA Solutions GmbH
- Developed a lambda architecture to handle big data and perform analyses.
- Reduced the cost of operating the platform to less than half of the original total cost.
- Improved software quality, leading to more availability, reduced mean time to change, and more positive measurable effects.
Senior Lead Software Engineer
- Spearheaded the design and development of an industry-leading API tailored to customer needs. This was a pioneer project and I am also the major inventor of an EU patent in this area.
- Migrated a Cloud 1.0 designed monolith on EC2 into a seamless service-oriented architecture (SOA), leveraging all benefits of AWS Lambda, DynamoDB, and more.
- Successfully grew a platform for big logistics companies with state-of-the-art technology and a high rate of adaptation over other competitors.
- Received personal commendation of the CFO and Jungheinrich's customers for playing the key role in the digitalization of the intralogistics industry branch.
Cassini Consulting AG
- Worked on a variety of projects from insurance companies to startups to eCommerce. I also spent some time in China working on a collaborative project.
- Held a talk at CodeTalks Hamburg in 2018 about how to achieve software quality and measuring quality metrics.
- Contributed to migration projects transforming on-premise software into a cloud-native environment and approach.
- Performed workshops and training on engineering excellence—code quality, software quality, and containerization.
Senior Developer and Team Lead
- Built up the team for CAD and 3D data processing from three to over 15 people, while achieving major milestones in order to become the market leader.
- Led the development of all CAD, 2D, and 3D-related components for simulating the construction elements of windows, doors, and curtain walls.
- Owned major projects, including the iterative transformation of a legacy Delphi codebase into C# with interoperability.
Technology Lead CAD — LogiKalhttps://orgadata.com
Primarily with metal workers as users, this software brings planning, simulation, and machining capabilities. It also allows seamless integration into Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.
During this time, I was the technology and team lead for the respective team(s).
API for Intralogistics
eCommerce China Expansion
3D Construction Software for Architects
I performed the data mining on AWS with Python and the deep learning implementation with Python and PyTorch.
Its primary use case has been templating GIT commit messages according to a custom-defined standard. Still, it can serve many more applications, such as configuration file generation or even code generation.
Used for abstracting WebSocket connections from downstream services and translating messages into HTTP calls, including retries, circuit breakers, and more.
Rust, C#, Delphi, GraphQL, Go, Python, SQL, TypeScript, Python 3, Java, C++
.NET, .NET Core
REST APIs, PyTorch, Node.js, OpenAPI, OpenGL ES
Unit Testing, Testing
Docker, AWS Lambda, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kubernetes, MacOS, Arch Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Linux
Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL
Software Architecture, Scraping, Web Scraping, Fintech, Apollo, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, APIs, SAP, Autodesk Revit, Deep Reinforcement Learning, GitOps, Containerization, Cloud, WebSockets, EventBus, HTTP2
Git, Terraform, GitLab, Terminal, Amazon SageMaker, Helm
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Economics
South Westphalia University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule Südwestfalen) - Germany
Deep Learning Nanodegree