Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2021City and County of Denver
- Researched new technology and how it could be integrated, including Azure TTS, a Cisco phone system call tree, Twilio, Mailchimp, state systems, and Microsoft Power Automate API.
- Built technical designs for the development team, including a client portal, a deployment tool, an aggregate log, and a mass messenger.
- Created a long-term vision for our technology stack and our development needs that covered tokens, queues, Pub/Sub, locks, API wrappers, and object-oriented patterns.
- Brought an API mindset which welcomed varied UI approaches, including web and ClickOnce. The architecture was designed with a focus on reusability, readability, and testability.
- Mentored two interns for a CronJob rewrite from SQL Server into C#.
- Oversaw the project to convert from Oracle to SQL server, coordinating with individual team members, our manager, and the city tech project manager.
- Developed an internal custom application used daily by 600 employees.
- Discussed product designs with project managers and broke down tasks for the internal development team: windows applications, web client portals, deployment tools, aggregate logging, and a mass messenger.
Senior Web Developer2014 - 2018HospitalityPulse
- Created several web-based single-page applications (SPA) written with PHP and Angular with communication done through HTTP APIs in JSON.
- Acted as a product owner of five applications, all of which were 90% unit tested.
- Designed and implemented insights architecture with a combination of the Pipe and Filters pattern (PHP), Blackboard, and OOP.
- Built PulseLink that had an IE8 minimum requirement: it was used by the front desk and needed to be quick to load and fast to use.
- Rebuilt RoomPulse into an AngularJS single-page application: it had an IE9 minimum requirement and served as a back-office utility.
- Designed multiple reusable Angular components, including typeahead, dropdown, list multi-selection, and modal.
- Developed an open-Source script to watch GitHub repositories for version changes.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2014Nor1
- Redeveloped our guest-facing upsell solution by utilizing Node.js and AngularJS which decreased page load size by 50%.
- Educated coworkers on technologies including Node.js, AngularJS, Canvas, and Google App scripts through presentations showing the pros and cons and usage.
- Presented, with the VP of marketing, the release of our APIs for the 2013 Tnooz THack.
- Created an Android application that utilized internal API calls; my focus was on usability and performance.
- Enhanced our internalization system by supporting lazy-loading keywords which improved manager efficiency.
- Worked closely with the UX designer to implement a mobile design.
- Wrote an administrative service-based web apps using CakePHP in a collaborative Scrum environment.
Web Developer2007 - 2011HPN WorldWide
- Reformed an aggregate report system which reduced the script run time from ten minutes to two minutes.
- Optimized a web printable 16-page HPA report to have backward compatibility for IE6.
- Developed a utility to import collections of thousands of unique screenings—saving several hours each week.
- Created several tracking systems to implement client-specific requests.