Technical Lead2021 - PRESENTOkaySo
- Reduced AWS costs by 80% by analyzing and reducing database and compute sizes to match needs and replacing resources with managed AWS services.
- Advised on process and documentation decisions for nonprofit board management and organization.
- Improved security for our third-party services (AWS, GitHub, Auth0), as well as within our cloud document management service (Google Drive).
- Maintained and developed features for a React administrative web app, a Node.js/Express API middle tier, and our user-facing React Native Android/IOS mobile application.
- Coordinated and lead projects for volunteer staff. Projects included data collection and measurement using Google Sheets and Google Forms, collecting geolocation from IP addresses, and replacing third-party services to protect user data.
- Collaborated with external organizations to understand the data privacy needs of our users, creating timelines to complete projects to protect our users.
- Converted Node.js API middle tier to TypeScript from Babel. The intention is to help developers refactor code.
- Built tooling to easily deploy within AWS ecosystem. Automated CLI instructions included interacting with S3, CloudFront, CodeBuild, and ECS.
Full-stack Developer2021 - 2022Freelance Client (via Toptal)
- Upgraded all npm dependencies and updated source code during breaking changes.
- Improved onboarding documentation to match correct versions of dependencies and recorded steps to set up Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) on Windows.
- Communicated work asynchronously with the team through GitHub issues.
- Developed retained sign-in feature while the user was interacting with the web app.
WordPress Developer2021 - 2021Freelance Client (via Toptal)
- Coordinated with project owner and designer to assemble project scope and timeline using Asana.
- Created pixel-perfect, reactive web app from design specification using Bootstrap and Vue.
- Developed administrative process within WordPress admin using Advanced Custom Fields and custom post types.
- Improved site performance to be 70+ for PageSpeed Insights.
Senior Software Engineer2018 - 2021City and County of Denver
- Researched new technology and how it could be integrated, including Azure TTS, a Cisco phone system call tree, Twilio, Mailchimp, state systems, and Microsoft Power Automate API.
- Built technical designs for the development team, including a client portal, a deployment tool, an aggregate log, and a mass messenger.
- Created an architectural vision for our technology stack that covered tokens, queues, Pub/Sub, system agnostic locks, API wrappers, and object-oriented patterns.
- Mentored two interns for a CronJob migration from SQL Server procedures to C#.
- Oversaw the project to convert Oracle to SQL server, coordinating between our team and the project manager.
- Developed an internal custom application written in Visual Basic and C# used daily by 600 employees.
- Discussed product designs with project managers and broke down tasks for the internal development team for windows applications, web apps, internal tools, and long-running services.
Senior Web Developer2014 - 2018HospitalityPulse
- Created several web-based single-page applications (SPA) written with PHP and Angular with communication done through HTTP APIs in JSON.
- Acted as a product owner of five applications, all of which were 90% unit tested.
- Designed and implemented insights architecture with a combination of the Pipe and Filters pattern (PHP), Blackboard, and OOP.
- Built PulseLink that had an IE8 minimum requirement: it was used by the front desk and needed to be quick to load and fast to use.
- Rebuilt RoomPulse into an AngularJS single-page application: it had an IE9 minimum requirement and served as a back-office utility.
- Designed multiple reusable Angular components, including typeahead, dropdown, list multi-selection, and modal.
- Developed an open-Source script to watch GitHub repositories for version changes.
Full-stack Web Developer2011 - 2014Nor1
- Redeveloped our guest-facing upsell solution by utilizing Node.js and AngularJS which decreased page load size by 50%.
- Educated coworkers on technologies including Node.js, AngularJS, Canvas, and Google App scripts through presentations showing the pros and cons and usage.
- Presented, with the VP of marketing, the release of our APIs for the 2013 Tnooz THack.
- Created an Android application that utilized internal API calls; my focus was on usability and performance.
- Enhanced our internalization system by supporting lazy-loading keywords which improved manager efficiency.
- Worked closely with the UX designer to implement a mobile design.
- Wrote an administrative service-based web apps using CakePHP in a collaborative Scrum environment.
Web Developer2007 - 2011HPN WorldWide
- Reformed an aggregate report system which reduced the script run time from ten minutes to two minutes.
- Optimized a web printable 16-page HPA report to have backward compatibility for IE6.
- Developed a utility to import collections of thousands of unique screenings—saving several hours each week.
- Created several tracking systems to implement client-specific requests.