SCSS Developer in San Francisco, CA, United States
Full-stack Software Engineer2014 - PRESENTCredible Inc
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js
- Developed a Ruby on Rails API.
- Simplified existing user interface markup and SCSS.
Software Enginner2013 - PRESENTProperty Connect Inc
- Started by evaluating an existing Grails application, but ended up rewriting the application from the ground up in Ruby on Rails. It now sports a RESTfull API for iOS app integration, OAuth authentication support (Facebook and LinkedIn currently). I was also responsible for slicing and implementing the user interface from the designer PSDs.
Web Developer2013 - PRESENTSubledger Inc
Java EE Developer2012 - 2013Hildebrando Brasil
Technologies: Java EE
- Contracted from a home office for IBM GBS (Global Business Solutions) internal projects.
Technical Leader and Web Developer2010 - 2012Coss Consulting
Technologies: Grails, Git, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Wrote specifications, architected, and led technical projects and development of RFID-based web applications mostly in Grails.
- Created a Multi Tenant Software as a Service (SaaS) for collecting and processing employees digital attendances.
- Built a Warehouse Management System (WMS) that can track individual items using GS1 codes like SSCC, GTIN, GLN and GRAI, using Barcodes, Datamatrix, QRCodes or RFID EPC tags.
Java EE Architect and Developer2009 - 2010CPM Braxis
Technologies: Java EE, JSF, Hibernate, Spring, Portlets
- Helped define a new web reference architecture and framework for a big financial institution in Brazil.
- Implemented web components using JSF, Hibernate and Spring.
- Participated in an offshore project for a big USA financial company, as both front- and back-end developer, using mostly JSF, Portlets, and Hibernate.
Web Developer2007 - 2009BRQ
Technologies: Java EE, WAS, RAD, Hibernate, Struts
- Participated in many projects, starting as a junior member of the company Java EE Architecture Group.
- Learned many design patters like Facade, DAO, BO, Factory among others.
Intern Web Developer2004 - 2005Async Open Source
Technologies: Perl, CVS, SVN, Apache HTTP, MySQL
- Developed customizations for a bug tracking tool (Bugzilla) for both Mozilla and private companies.
- Learned much about Linux and many open source tools.
- Property Connect Website (Development)
I rewrote the Property Connect website and API from the ground up in Ruby on Rails. I have coded the backend, designed the datastore, created the RESTfull API and sliced and implemented the user interface.
I have also integrated with Facebook and LinkedIn authentication using OAuth and helped on integrating the iOS app to the RESTful API.
- Subledger Reporting App (Development)
I rewrote this Backbone.js application from the ground up using Ember.js.
- Subledger Payper.io Demo Application (Development)
- Mimboe (Development)
This is a work in progress SaaS for online tutoring classes, built from scratch using Ruby on Rails 3. It currently works in English and Brazilian Portuguese and has geolocation capabilities for improving search results.
- Imomaker (Development)
A multi-tenant SaaS that allows individual real state agents to create an online portfolio of his offerings.
Implemented from scratch in Ruby on Rails.
This is an example tenant:
- "It's Not Only For 20 Cents" (Development)
This was a weekend project to help protesters in Brazil to vote on causes they think are most important to move Brazil forward. It was built using Meteor.js (Node.js + MongoDB), jQuery, and Twitter Bootstrap.
- uMotion (Development)
A market web app that implements a search retargeting technique. It is based on an existing system in Java, but is reimplemented from scratch in Grails.
It includes functionality to batch import client data from different datasources by means of a configurable parser using JSON, XML, or CSV.
It's currently in production for some big clients that generate a lot of traffic.
The app is very new and is deployed for a client, so there isn't a link to it.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Apache Struts, Grails, Ember.js, JavaServer Faces, Spring, AngularJS, Express.js, Hibernate
Libraries/APIsBackbone.js, jQuery, Socket.IO, Backbone.Marionette, Node.js
ParadigmsPromise, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Functional Programming, Behavior-driven Development (BDD)
ToolsAmazon CloudFront CDN, Git, GitHub, RSpec, Subversion (SVN), Cucumber
PlatformsUbuntu Linux, AWS EC2, Rackspace, Oracle, Meteor, Google App Engine
StorageMongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server
- Masters degree in Computer Science, per tenant user interface customization in Software as a Service2011 - 2014University of São Paulo (USP) - São Carlos, SP, Brazil
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science2003 - 2007University of São Paulo (USP) - São Carlos, SP, Brazil