Ruby on Rails Developer in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Software Developer2019 - 2019One Love
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, CoffeeScript, Bootstrap, Capistrano
- Created a fully responsive website.
- Managed a DigitalOcean server with Capistrano.
- Developed back-end features in Rails using the ActiveAdmin gem.
App Developer2018 - 2018We Are Alexander
Technologies: Ionic, TypeScript, iOS, Angular 5, Salesforce
- Implemented database storage for long value persistence.
- Debugged the Salesforce authentication process.
Full-stack Developer2018 - 2018Munchery
Technologies: Rails, React, AWS, MySQL, Docker, Engine Yard
- Created an API for third-party integration.
- Supported the Engine Yard deployment process.
- Changed the React front-end based on AB testing results.
- Provided TDD development of back-end functionalities.
- Generated automated API documentation.
Software Developer2018 - 2018Ygrene
Technologies: Ruby On Rails, Docker, Rspec, Angular 6, Docker, Bitbucket Pipeline, NgRx, NX, Flex Layout
- Constructed a front-end application using Angular 6, Ngrx, and Nx for multiple Angular applications.
- Implemented CSS and HTML using the flex-layout system.
- Integrated the back-end with many external system APIs.
- Constructed a back-end API for the front-end application to access.
- Made a Bitbucket Pipeline improvement to run specs on the Rails application.
Owner2016 - 2017Moca Tecnologia
Technologies: C#, Unity 3D
- Created some Unity games as I delved into the world of startup ownership.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer2014 - 2016Procore
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, SOAP, API, JSON
- Integrated a Quickbooks Desktop application with the Procore web app through a web connector that makes SOAP calls to a specified endpoint.
Team Leader2012 - 2014HelloMd
- Created numerous applications using WebRTC technology.
- Managed outsourced employees based in Vietnam.
- Started a tech company from zero.
Developer2011 - 2012SESEG
Technologies: Ruby, Rails, Git, Ubuntu, Unicorn, Nginx, Haml, CoffeeScript, CSS, RSPE, Capybara.
- Designed and developed systems for for support of the daily activities of the secretary.
- Implemented various functionalities using the test-driven design methodology with RSPEC.
Developer2009 - 2011Ideais
Technologies: Java, JSF, JS, Spring, Hibernate, Mave, Ant
- Developed a web service using REST for interfacing a web service with a SOA Web Service.
- Developed several REST services that transcribe calls for SOA, allowing access to the CMNET system for hotel booking.
- Developed a system for the remittance of scheduled emails and for template registration.
- Added user control to a system already in production, along with single sign-on functionality for other systems.
- Procore Quickbooks Integration (Development)https://www.procore.com/
I created a Ruby on Rails microservice that would receive a call from the QuickBooks desktop software and send it to the main software. The software was created using the Ruby on Rails and the calls were made using the SOAP protocol. Rspec was used as the test framework.
- One Love (Development)https://findmymission.com
Creation of the fully responsive website for the version 2 of the findmymission.com website.
- Qbwc_requests (Development)https://github.com/apotema/qbwc_requests
An open-source Ruby gem to create Qbwc requests that makes easy for developers to generate Quickbooks requests. It uses RSPEC as the test framework.
- Física Básica (Basic Physics) (Development)https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.resumosmoveis.mecanica
A mobile application to teach physics, created using Ionic and Angular. The app has 4 years of development and has been used by more than 200,000 users.
You can also see the iOS version here:
- Marcações (Ionic) (Development)
This Ionic app connects to a Ruby on Rails back-end to manage the schedule of appointments of the users.
The app is fully created using the Ionic framework and Angular JS,
- Paper Hero (Development)http://www.paperherogame.com/
A Unity3D game created by me.
- Banco de Talentos (Development)http://bancodetalentos.seseg.rj.gov.br/
I developed an application for the registration of applicants with interest in lecturing on military policy. Further, I developed a second application for the consultation of the applicant’s information and expertise.
- Socitrip (Development)
A defunct Ruby on Rails app to manage users' travel recommendations, the app had many functionalities, like Facebook integration.
- Gamc (Development)http://gamc.herokuapp.com/
Personal project under active development.
- Wikimapa (Development)
Wikimapa was an Brazilian startup that was aiming to map slums of Brazil. The web app was made using the Rails framework, with an API to be managed by the mobile app.
- MIMO (Development)
Mimo was a startup that use to offer photo books that you could create yourself. I created the whole system using Ruby on Rails and many other JS libraries to manage the creation of the photo albums.
- A Year Building a WebRTC Application: Lessons in Startup Engineering (Publication)I've been an Engineer at Toptal for just about one year now, working on the same project since I joined the network: Ondello, a service that connects doctors and patients over WebRTC. When I first joined Ondello, I was hired as a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer, tasked to build a service up from scratch. These days, we're a team of multiple developers working on a fairly large, complex system. With this post, I'd like to share the story behind Ondello. Specifically, I'd like to talk about: how a simple application became not-so-simple, and how our use of cutting-edge technologies posed problems I'd never considered before.
FrameworksRuby on Rails (RoR), Ionic 3, Unity3D, Ionic, Capybara, PhoneGap, AngularJS, JavaServer Faces
Libraries/APIsWebRTC, Salesforce API, Facebook API, jQuery
ToolsRSpec, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Fireworks
ParadigmsTest-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development
StorageJSON, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle SQL, MySQL
PlatformsUnix, Windows, Linux
- Graduate degree in Computer Science2004 - 2009Universidade Federal Fluminense - Rio de Janeiro - Niteroi
- SCWCD – Sun Certified Web Component DeveloperAUGUST 2009 - PRESENTSun Microsystems
- SCJP - Sun Certified Java Programmer SE 6JANUARY 2009 - PRESENTSun Microsystems