VP of Engineering2013 - 2020Company in the Mobile Entertainment Market
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring, AWS, Requirements Analysis, Terraform, Docker, Java
- Hired and built up the back-end development team with an agile development cycle, from coding conventions to CI/CD.
- Implemented a microservices architecture with hundreds of servers spread between three AWS regions and multiple time zones.
- Planned and deployed business services at AWS China.
- Iterated on our deployment scheme, from custom shell scripts through Ansible and Packer to Terraform and ECS.
- Implemented a lot of tools for managing environments like admin API for the service, AWS ECS and S3 resources, Datadog monitoring, or PagerDuty monitoring.
- Integrated a few monitoring systems for our applications and infrastructure, like Zabbix, NewRelic, and Datadog.
- Designed and implemented a back-end service for instant messaging between mobile and web users. As a transport layer, I used WebSockets with a highly modified OpenFire XMPP server.
- Designed and implemented push notifications for mobile and web users. It was a mix up of custom client code for Apple/Google API, AWS Push Notification service, and custom Redis queues.
Performance Architect2013 - 2014Software Vendor in the Aerospace Industry
Technologies: Spring, JNI, Swing, Java
- Refactored a custom Swing application to render aircraft models with airflows. Instead of one FPS with keyboard manipulation, I was able to make all calculations in run-time with 40 FPS.
- Built up the whole development cycle with GitHub as source hosting, CI, tests, and nightly builds for QA.
ISV Engineer2008 - 2013Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems)
Technologies: Spring, Berkeley DB, MongoDB, Oracle Database, Solaris, Java
- Evangelized Oracle technologies and helped vendors to use Java and Solaris technologies in a more efficient way.
- Managed a few distributed teams to implement custom integrations and new architectures.
- Handled performance testing for new hardware and optimize software for software-in-silicon.
- Implemented a few integrations between Oracle Identity Management products and a few ERP systems from the Russian market.
Performance Architect2007 - 2008Top4Top
Technologies: Spring, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, Solaris, MySQL, Java, Flash
- Worked with the Flash front end and Java back end on a MySQL, Solaris, and Tomcat cluster on Nginx.
Team Lead/Architect2004 - 2007Epam Systems
- Handled various Java outsourcing projects with Russian and foreign customers.
- Implemented a few intranet systems with GWT.
Senior Java Developer2003 - 2004Diasoft
- Developed an internet client for a banking system with JEE stack technologies.
Java Developer2000 - 2001Luxoft
- Worked on a few Java outsourcing projects with JSE and JEE technologies.