Java Developer in Dublin, Ireland
Member since July 28, 2014
Alex is a programmer with more than 7 years of experience in system development and system administration. His primary platforms are Java, HTML5, and Flash. His interests are web services, game development, and advertising, and have recently expanded to financial calculations, portfolio risk analyses, and automated trading systems. He enjoys working with and learning from others, as well as discovering new technologies for himself.
Front-end Developer, Team Lead2013 - PRESENTVidible (AOL)
- Developed 3rd-party video systems and API integrations (JW, Flowplayer, Brightcove).
- Implemented VAST, VMAP, and VPAID support.
- Added support for Haxe development and deployment.
- Developed Gradle build and deployment scripts.
VAST/VPAID 2.0 Flash Version of our current HTML 52015 - 2015GRAVIDI (via Toptal)
- Created a VPAID compatible SWF module duplicating exising HTML5 video player features.
- Refactored an existed player to provide a common layer of analytics data reporting for JS and Flash.
- Implemented an automated build process of VPAID based on GradleFx.
- Enabled support for unit tests of the created VPAID based on FlexUnit.
- Used the RobotLegs AS3 framework to enable flexible and enhanceable architecture for the implemented unit.
Software Developer, Team Lead2011 - 2013Agromedia / Collective
- Implemented a variety of interactive video banners.
- Created a series of simple in-banner games.
- Developed a library for overwhelming user actions reporting.
- Developed a video player banner widget.
- Improved support for progressing ad standards.
Chief Technical Executor2009 - 2011Studio DVA
Technologies: Java, Scala, Flash, Netty, WebSockets, MongoDB
- Organized the development process.
- Delivered a series of online game products.
- Created a full stack online game using Flash and Java alone.
- Developed UIs for one of the games in Flex 4.
- Supported a library in Scala for Object-MongoDB mapping.
- Used Lift Web Framework and pure Netty for a project.
- Developed product delivery facilities.
FrameworksAngularJS, Lift, Netty, Spring
ToolsFlash, JVisualVM, SBT, Flash Builder, Git, GitLab, GitHub, IntelliJ IDEA, json4s, Gradle, JRebel, Adobe Scout
Libraries/APIsApache HttpClient, jQuery, Joda-Time, RxJava
ParadigmsFunctional Programming, Agile Software Development, Concurrent Programming
StorageMongoDB, Redis, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Master's degree in Mathematics and Applied Programming2003 - 2009Omsk State University - Omsk, Russia