- iOS designer & engineer2013 - 2014Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, AWS, Clojure, nginx
- Designed and engineered native iPhone and iPad video streaming client, using Obj-C.
- Designed and engineered API server, for encrypted video streaming with secure access control, using AWS, Clojure, nginx.
- Localized database and all UI for French and English.
- Built suite of command-line tools for system administration(Obj-C).
- Implemented AirPlay, encrypted video, hardened in-app security assets, password hashing.
- Developed scripts for automated deployment on AWS.
- Senior Engineer2011 - 2013McKinsey & Co
- Led iOS engineering team on an in-house portfolio app, for displaying and contextualizing web apps, used by senior management in pitch meetings with Fortune 500 clients.
- Led iOS engineering team on in-house portfolio app, used to represent McKIinsey's software skills, highlighted as exemplary by the CTO.
- Designed and engineered a survey-taking app, using a direction manipulation interface to drive user engagement.
- Built a customized Xcode build system, using a single-page JS web app to allow business users to request à la carte builds.
- Designed and engineered rapid prototype of a workflow management iPhone app for construction sites.
- Postdoctoral research fellow2010 - 2012London Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Technologies: Mathematica, Common Lisp, C++
- Used Common Lisp and Mathematica for data extraction and analysis of thermodynamic model of wikipedia article evolution.
- Used Mathematica and C++ for evolutionary research on random walks in hypercubes.
- Performed analytical mathematical research into hypercube walks.
- Created re-usable MMA library for graph theory research (still used in Stanford).
- Researched organismic evolvability.
- Senior C++ Risk Engineer2009 - 2011Deutsche Bank
Technologies: C++, SQL, options pricing theory
- Performed analysis and implementation of pricing logic for convertibility risk on Brazillian FX swaps.
- Created numerous enhancements to proprietary C++ trade capture tools.
- Performed analysis and implementation of pricing and risking logic for FXGamma.
- Coordinated with front-office traders and middle office settlements.
- Created enhancements on analytic, StochVol, and MC pricing systems.
- PhD2003 - 2009Oxford University
Technologies: Python, mathematics (propositional calculus, graph theory)
- Invented genospace algebra, a graph-theoretical propositional calculus for analyzing organismic evolvability.
- Developed conceptual unification of types of evolvability (trait, individual, organismic).
- Created diagrams and proof system for calculating evolvability.
- Implemented genospace algebra using Python graph search.
- Created a novel algorithm for searching for connected clusters in genospaces.