Verified Expert in Engineering
Alexis is a senior iOS engineer, who loves intuitive, beautiful UI. He is a back end engineer, UX designer, loves mathematics and theater. He is highly creative, collaborative, reliable, with professional experience in numerous areas (science, finance, etc.). And a scientist by training.
Git, Emacs, Xcode, Linux, MacOS
The most amazing...
...thing I've invented is a mathematical formalism for analyzing and describing the evolvability of organisms.
iOS designer & engineer
Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Designed and engineered native iPhone and iPad video streaming client, using Obj-C.
- Designed and engineered API server, for encrypted video streaming with secure access control, using AWS, Clojure, nginx.
- Localized database and all UI for French and English.
- Built suite of command-line tools for system administration(Obj-C).
- Implemented AirPlay, encrypted video, hardened in-app security assets, password hashing.
- Developed scripts for automated deployment on AWS.
McKinsey & Co
- Led iOS engineering team on an in-house portfolio app, for displaying and contextualizing web apps, used by senior management in pitch meetings with Fortune 500 clients.
- Led iOS engineering team on in-house portfolio app, used to represent McKIinsey's software skills, highlighted as exemplary by the CTO.
- Designed and engineered a survey-taking app, using a direction manipulation interface to drive user engagement.
- Built a customized Xcode build system, using a single-page JS web app to allow business users to request à la carte builds.
- Designed and engineered rapid prototype of a workflow management iPhone app for construction sites.
Postdoctoral research fellow
London Institute for Mathematical Sciences
- Used Common Lisp and Mathematica for data extraction and analysis of thermodynamic model of wikipedia article evolution.
- Used Mathematica and C++ for evolutionary research on random walks in hypercubes.
- Performed analytical mathematical research into hypercube walks.
- Created re-usable MMA library for graph theory research (still used in Stanford).
- Researched organismic evolvability.
Senior C++ Risk Engineer
- Performed analysis and implementation of pricing logic for convertibility risk on Brazillian FX swaps.
- Created numerous enhancements to proprietary C++ trade capture tools.
- Performed analysis and implementation of pricing and risking logic for FXGamma.
- Coordinated with front-office traders and middle office settlements.
- Created enhancements on analytic, StochVol, and MC pricing systems.
- Invented genospace algebra, a graph-theoretical propositional calculus for analyzing organismic evolvability.
- Developed conceptual unification of types of evolvability (trait, individual, organismic).
- Created diagrams and proof system for calculating evolvability.
- Implemented genospace algebra using Python graph search.
- Created a novel algorithm for searching for connected clusters in genospaces.
Evolvability: A Formal Approachhttps://www.dropbox.com/s/4819e6fkuh455yx/AlexisGallagherDPhil.pdf?dl=0
CSAPS Video Library
McKinsey and Company
Draggable, Physical, Contextual Drawer Viewhttps://github.com/algal/DrawerView
ALG Keyboard Following Controller
This is just a tiny helper, but I share it as an example of my taste for well-refactored, modular code with attention to UX details–such as how it uses class animation methods to access the truth timing curve for the keyboard's movement.
Xcode, Emacs, Mathematica, NGINX, Adobe Photoshop, Git, Sketch
Functional Programming, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Object-oriented Design (OOD), App Development, Agile Software Development
iOS, MacOS, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Scientific Computing, Nagare, Software Development, Remote Work, CubicWeb, Offshore Development, Scientific Software Developer, Remote Developer, Option Pricing, Mathematics, Calculus, Graph Theory
PhD Degree in Mathematical Biology
Oxford University - Oxford
BA (Honors) Degree in Physics
Harvard University - Cambridge, MA