Scala Developer in Culiacán, Mexico
Scala Back-end Engineer2017 - PRESENTSamsung Strategy and Innovation Center
Technologies: Scala, Java, MySQL, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, AWS, Akka, Play Framework, Slick, Anorm, Kafka, Scalactic, LwM2M, CoAP, Californium, Leshan, IoT
- Implemented Amazon S3 resiliency across regions for the image storage service, we are not worried anymore if Amazon S3 goes down in a region.
- Implemented TCP and TLS support for the LwM2M (IoT) protocol used for device management (Goo.gl/GmsqaU).
- Contributed to multiple-active regions project where we use multi-master asynchronous database replication across different regions in the world.
- Contributed to the Device Management Approved List, where an organization can whitelist the devices that should be able to connect to the cloud (Goo.gl/NQnCDh), used conflict-free replicated data types (CRDT) to get the data replicated across regions.
Software Architect | Developer2017 - 2017Ailytic (via Toptal)
Technologies: Java, Tomcat, MySQL, jQuery, jQWidgets
- Built authorization and authentication modules.
- Designed a way for applying database migrations for giving disposable versions of the system to users.
- Implemented core modules for UI testing using Selenium.
- Implemented modules for integrating data from CSV files.
- Designed a way for creating integration tests using in-memory database implementations.
Big Data Consultant2017 - 2017Praxis
Technologies: Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Cloudera, Oozie, Yarn
- Helped in the architectural design for the core of a big data pipeline processor.
- Designed a domain specific language for type safety while writing Hive queries and Spark transformations.
- Created a code generator for our domain specific language (based on Hive tables).
- Redesigned how to integrate the data pipeline processors.
- Improved team coding practices to get better benefits while using Scala.
Technologies: Java, JPA, Jersey 2, Stripe, JAX-RS, MySQL, Guice, Tomcat, Jersey Test Framework, jOOQ, PostgreSQL, PostGIS
- Designed the bases for creating integration tests using the Jersey Test Framework.
- Integrated dependency injections.
- Integrated Stripe and Stripe Connect APIs for handling payments.
- Implemented a feature to store information for auditing purposes of every request.
- Decoupled several existing services.
- Integrated a bcrypt algorithm for storing passwords securely.
Software Engineer2015 - 2017Kueski
- Supported the website Kueski.com.
- Created and maintained scalable internal applications.
- Supported the Android team by providing the required knowledge of the product and doing regular code reviews.
- Encouraged secure coding standards to the engineering team.
- Encouraged good coding practices through regular code reviews.
- Created and maintained asynchronous APIs to control the maximum allowed concurrent requests to certain APIs from external providers.
- Interviewed new candidates for Android positions.
- Designed interview challenges for the new candidates.
Software Developer2015 - 2015Oracle
Technologies: C, Linux, Bash, Scripting, Assembler, Vim, GDB, Strace
- Maintained the real application cluster code base.
- Fixed bugs.
Developer2014 - 2015SAC
- Developed cryptographic modules.
- Built web applications using Java, Struts, and MySQL.
- Made rich internet applications that uses biometric devices.
- Updated the architectural design of web applications.
- Trained new developers.
- Performed local server administration.
- Managed and assigned tasks to other developers.
- Updated the architecture design of legacy web applications.
Developer | Architect2011 - 2015Freelance Work
Technologies: Raspberry Pi, Arduino, Java, C, Ruby, PostgreSQL, MySQL, JavaServer Faces, Spring, PrimeFaces, MyBatis, Git, JUnit, Spring Security, Cloudinary, Android, J2ME, Apache HTTP Components
- Created desktop applications based on customer requirements, mostly for automating tasks.
- Built web crawlers mostly for organizing and retrieving specific data based on customer requirements.
- Developed applications using embedded devices based on customer requirements.
- Created web applications based on customer requirements.
- Developed Android applications based on customer requirements.
Founder2013 - 2014Epic Entertainment Systems
Technologies: Java, Swing, VLCJ, ProGuard, Eclipse
- Created and maintained the KaraOTec application which is a Java-based desktop application for karaoke entertainment systems working in Linux.
- Designed the license key generator for the KaraOTec application.
- Created new projects as required by external customers.
- Crypto Coin Alerts Site (Development)https://github.com/AlexITC/crypto-coin-alerts
Cryptocoinalerts.net is an open-source web application that let you track the price changes of the cryptocurrencies of your interest.
- Playsonify (Development)https://github.com/AlexITC/playsonify
An opinionated library to help you build JSON APIs in a practical way by using the Play Framework.
- Facebook Groups Information Retriever (Other amazing things)https://github.com/AlexITC/FGIR
Facebook Groups Information Retriever is a project to retrieve and organize publications from Facebook groups working almost in real time.
You can read my blog to get more details about the project: https://halexv.blogspot.mx/2016/07/scrapping-facebook-groups-almost-in-real-time.html
- Third Place at the Wizeline at Campus Party 2016 (Other amazing things)https://codefights.com/tournaments/PmrB4rD7YWELAchZz
This was a programming competition held on CodeFights.
- First Phase Winner in the Tuenti Challenge 5 (2015). (Other amazing things)http://corporate.tuenti.com/es/dev/blog/The-TuentiChallenge5-registration-is-open
A programming competition by Tuenti.
- Local Second Place in the Space Apps Challenge 2013 (Other amazing things)
A hackathon sponsored by NASA.
ParadigmsREST API Architecture, Back-end Architecture, API Architecture, Web Architecture, Design Patterns, Object-oriented Design (OOD), Agile Software Development, Functional Programming
PlatformsWeb, Linux, Apache Kafka, Amazon Web Services (AWS), JEE
OtherSecurity, Web Scalability, Algorithms, APIs, Data Structures, Anorm, Cryptography, Bootstrap UI
FrameworksAngular, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Akka, Play Framework, Jersey, JUnit, Sinatra, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Finagle
Libraries/APIsSequel, Slick, Scalactic, JAX-RS, Stripe API
ToolsAmazon SQS, ScalaTest, Git, Finatra
StoragePostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS S3, SQLite, MongoDB, NoSQL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering2010 - 2015Instituto Tecnológico de Culiacán - Culiacán, Mexico