Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2018Twitch Interactive, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Go, React, GraphQL
- Played a leadership role in defining the requirements, architecture, and development on complex projects.
- Built and maintained performant, reliable, and high-performance systems, web services, and large scale applications.
- Scaled and improved existing APIs and services (written in Go) that power Twitch.
- Produced clean, high-quality code, tests, and well-written documentation.
- Mentored and leveled up fellow engineers in the team through code reviews and discussions.
Senior Software Engineer2014 - 2016Apollo Lightspeed (Apollo Education Group)
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, Flask
- Constructed a core virtual apprentice app using Ruby on Rails, React, Haml, and Sass, backed by PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Developed version 3 of the core SkilledUp app using Ruby on Rails, CoffeeScript; backed by MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Redis.
- Set up application servers, a database server, an Elasticsearch server, a scrapers' server, and a staging server to support, maintain, and serve the applications.
- Wrote a Ruby scrapers' framework to fetch and aggregate courses from different online sources, and feed them into our core app.
- Led a team of seven remote developers to develop and maintain the application and scrapers.
Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2014Cumulus Tech
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, Python, AngularJS, PHP
- Developed, deployed, and maintained multiple applications.
- Led the architectural discussions for new projects with the team.
- Helped developers with their day-day tasks.
- Worked with the team in an Agile manner to plan sprints, build the product backlog, and defined priorities; also organized daily standups.
- Trained new resources to become Stellar developers.
- Worked closely with the product team to refine the requirements, and manage expectations/deadlines.