Verified Expert in Engineering
Embedded Systems Developer
Ali has been writing programs for more than a decade using C/C++ (15+ years), Python (10+ years), MATLAB, Simulink, Haskell—as well having extensive knowledge in control systems, embedded devices, signal processing, micro controls, and more. He is a great problem-solver, a good team-player, and has worked in teams of all sizes.
Git, GNU Toolchain, Linux, Windows
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is self balanced unicycle project with control designed from first principles equations and user presense detection system with tricky dsp.
- Developed all of the balance control for the self-balanced unicycle, motor control, and digital signal processor (DSP).
- Implemented the orientation estimation using MEMS.
- Used MATLAB/Simulink for a model-based design of a product. Used Fixed Point Toolbox and Code Generator to produce embedded C code for MCU with a fixed-point and multi-rate architecture.
- Embedded C programming for STM32 MCU.
- Used Python for data acquisition tools and telemetry.
- Managed the Moscow team of software developers, CAD designers, and electronics engineers.
Lead Software Developer
Institute for Electronic Control Computers Named After I.S. Bruke
- Developed robotic exo-prosthetic devices mostly concerning sensor processing.
- Did DSP, MEMS and magnetometers data processing, calibrating, and Kalman filtering.
- Implemented unique force-torque sensing for manipulation. Utilized genetic algorithms to search for the best place for strain gauges installment.
- Performed system dynamics simulation. Used a model based design and code generation.
Head of the Monitoring Systems Development
OJSC - Scientific and Technical Center of Federal Grid Company UES
- Developed an overhead lines monitoring system; involved dynamic line rating and real-time ampacity calculation.
- Was involved in the development of an electrical vehicle charging station.
Head of the Electronics and Software Group
- Developed automation devices for oil & gas and the chemical industry.
- Implemented the HART protocol for an electropneumatic positioner and passed certification with the HART Communication Foundation.
- Developed the electopneumatic positioner's firmware. Used model predictive control to achieve best performance.
- Developed a solenoid valve with feedback control for the core position capable of making core magnetic levitation.
FSUE - MOCB MARS
- Developed on-board systems and complexes of automatic control and navigation for atmospheric and space vehicles.
- Wrote the requirement specifications for software and conducted tests.
• Derived all the equations for the 3D motion of a device in SymPy, designed the mathematical models, and synthesized the control algorithm in MATLAB.
• Designed a user presence detection algorithm.
• Worked as the CTO of the Moscow team of software developers CAD designers, and electrical engineers.
• Performed MEMS calibration, orientation estimation using Kalman filtering.
• Did force/torque measuring.
• Designed a genetic algorithm to find the best positions for strain gauge placement.
• Designed and implemented an optimal force/torque estimation algorithm.
• Implemented the HART communication protocol and enabled the device to pass the certification for the HART Communication Foundation.
Python, C, Simulink, Embedded C, C++, Julia, UML, Modelica, Haskell
MATLAB, GNU Toolchain, Git, LaTeX
Embedded Software, Embedded Systems, Machine Learning, MSP430, Code Generators, MEMS, Fixed-Point Toolbox, PMSM, COM, FreeRTOS, Mbed, Doxygen, NixOS
SciPy, PyQt, NumPy, Pandas, SQLAlchemy
STM32, Windows, Linux, Bluetooth LE
Master's Degree in Control Systems
Bauman Moscow State Technical University - Moscow, Russia