Verified Expert in Engineering
Aliaksei is a network and system automation developer with many years of experience in SRE and network automation, cloud, and on-premise deployments. He has a proven track record in designing and managing complex high availability setups and IP networking using Linux, Kubernetes, SQL, and Go. Aliaksei has been running containerized workloads since 2002.
Linux, Kubernetes, Go, Python, IP Networks
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a BGP provisioning portal for a major telecom operator.
Senior Network Developer
- Developed a BGP provisioning system that abstracts various vendor routers to a unified portal.
- Implemented the authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) solution for tier 1 IP network.
- Developed the IP network telemetry collector for a tier 1 service provider.
Senior System Administrator
- Deployed a highly available, geo-distributed RADIUS setup.
- Developed a reporting solution to detect billing anomalies.
- Planned and implemented migration to a new hardware stack.
Senior Network Administrator
- Developed a highly available IPsec solution to interconnect payment suppliers.
- Created custom OpenBSD images with zero-touch provisioning.
- Introduced sharding to a gaming MySQL infrastructure.
- Introduced CDN to speed up image loading, which led to better conversion.
- Streamlined release management using Apache Subversion (SVN) and Local Volume Manager (LVM) volume snapshots.
- Developed a voice (SIP) notification solution to a monitoring system.
BGP Provisioning System
It was a multi-year project involving multiple stakeholders. As a result, customer provisioning time was significantly reduced.
Go-based SNMP/XML-RPC Collector
IPv6 Network Aggregation Toolhttps://github.com/afpd/netaggregate
The implementation has no external dependencies and is used in projects where one can't run Python's IP address library due to memory and CPU constraints, i.e., embedded systems.
Bash, Go, Python, SQL, Perl, AWK, XML, PHP, C++
Terraform, Syslog, NGINX, Apache, Amazon EKS, Nagios, Systemd, Shell, Helm, Ansible, Grafana, GitLab CI/CD, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Git, GitLab
DevOps, Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching, DDoS, Continuous Delivery (CD)
Kubernetes, Linux, DigitalOcean, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), OpenBSD, CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Solaris, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Docker, Azure
Networking, DNS, SNMP, BGP, IP Networks, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), Firewalls, Cisco, IPv6, Juniper, ZFS, SMTP, RHEL, Rocky Linux, System Administration, IP Routing, Network Administration, FRR, Incident Management, Monitoring, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Scripting, Network Engineering, SSL Certificates, Linux Administration, Linux Server Configuration, Linux Server Administration, Mellanox Technologies, Networks, Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), High-availability Systems, NVIDIA Cumulus Linux, Network Architecture, Containerization, Virtualization, Containers, Junos OS, OSI Model, Content Delivery Networks (CDN), Shell Scripting, Cisco Switches, Architecture, AWS Direct Connect, Network Automation, Direct Connect (DC), Physics, Transport Layer Security (TLS), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), IPsec, MinIO, CI/CD Pipelines, Kentik, HAProxy, Extreme Networks, ColdFusion
ClickHouse, PostgreSQL, MySQL, XML-RPC, JSON, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, MariaDB, Google Cloud
Master's Degree in Physics
Belarusian State University - Minsk, Belarus
Certified Kubernetes Administrator
The Linux Foundation
C++ Yellow Belt