2021 - PRESENT
- Helped implement a CI/CD pipeline using GitLab in EKS.
- Helped develop infrastructure as code to provide support to multiple teams using Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Assisted in developing a common set of tools for developers to deploy their applications, including databases, EKS clusters, authentication services, public and private ingresses, and several other tools needed by the development teams.
Technologies: Amazon EKS, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, AWS Certificate Manager, AWS Route 53, AWS EC2, DevOps, Docker, AWS CodePipeline, Git, Go, GoLand, IntelliJ, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Terraform, Software Development
Senior Software/DevOps Engineer
2016 - PRESENT
Clare Controls, LLC.
- Deployed and managed Kubernetes installation over several years, adjusting over time to reduce costs.
- Created and deployed a WebSocket proxy service in Kubernetes for our Angular based front-end management tool.
- Designed and developed a reliable event handling process involving RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, and InfluxDB, supporting thousands of home automation hubs across the world.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Certificate Manager, AWS Route 53, AWS SES, AWS EC2, Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ, Kubernetes, Java 8, Go, GoLand, Elasticsearch, AWS, Amazon EKS, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Jenkins Pipeline, Kibana, Actions on Google, Software Development, Amazon Alexa
2014 - 2016
Star2Star Communications, LLC.
- Managed and led the API development team.
- Enhanced and maintained the public/private RESTful API services developed internally, written in Java using the Java Jersey Framework.
- Started the initiative to move to microservices deployed in a locally hosted Kubernetes cluster.
Technologies: Java 8, Software Development