Verified Expert in Engineering
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Developer
Linux, TextMate, Git, GoLand, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've ever developed is a WebSocket proxy service hosted in Kubernetes to support an Angular-based account management system.
- Helped implement a CI/CD pipeline using GitLab in EKS.
- Helped develop infrastructure as code to provide support to multiple teams using Terraform and Terragrunt.
- Assisted in developing a common set of tools for developers to deploy their applications, including databases, EKS clusters, authentication services, public and private ingresses, and several other tools needed by the development teams.
Senior Software/DevOps Engineer
Clare Controls, LLC.
- Deployed and managed the Kubernetes installation over several years, adjusting over time to reduce costs.
- Created and deployed a WebSocket proxy service in Kubernetes for our Angular-based front-end management tool.
- Designed and developed a reliable event handling process involving RabbitMQ, Kubernetes, and InfluxDB, supporting thousands of home automation hubs worldwide.
Star2Star Communications, LLC.
- Managed and led the API development team.
- Enhanced and maintained the public/private RESTful API services developed internally, written in Java using the Java Jersey Framework.
- Started the initiative to move to microservices deployed in a locally hosted Kubernetes cluster.
WebSocket Proxy for Angular Front End Written in Go
1) managed logins via Firebase
2) Created, validated and expired sessions for each logged-in user
3) Provided a consistent JSON based request/response structure to support the various services that were interacted with to provide a rich experience in the UI.
4) I created, and made accessible, DB functions to improve performance on queries the UI needed to make to provide summary information to the users.
I continued to provide additional functionality and maintenance after the initial release to production.
Infrastructure as Code Targeting Terraform
Amazon EKS, GoLand, IntelliJ, Kibana, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Actions on Google, Amazon Simple Email Service (SES), Git, Terraform
Kubernetes, Docker, OS X, Linux, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Alexa
Software Development, Amazon Route 53, AWS Certificate Manager, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Infrastructure as Code (IaC), AWS CodePipeline
Go, Java 8