iOS Developer in Waterloo, ON, Canada
Computer Vision iOS App Developer2018 - PRESENTOOVA
Technologies: OpenCV, iOS, Swift, Objective-C++
- Created a PoC iOS app for recognizing women's ovulation hormone levels from pregnancy tester-like strips.
- Designed and implemented a computer vision algorithm using OpenCV image processing.
Augmented Reality iOS Developer2017 - PRESENTVrex Lab (via Toptal)
Technologies: Swift, ARKit, SceneKit
- Created an iOS app that pushes ARKit limits.
- Implemented AVAudioSession the right way so that it does not "fight" with other music playing apps.
- Created a stable wrapper over an "unstable" third-party computer vision library.
- Built an iMessage extension for the app.
iOS Machine Vision Developer2018 - 2018iTRACE
Technologies: OpenCV, iOS, Swift, Objective-C++
- QR like code reader iOS app.
- Design and implementation of code-recognizing computer vision algorithm using OpenCV.
- Accuracy was nearly 100% and performance 60FPS.
- Contacted by a customer because of my publication.
Technical Interviewer2017 - 2017Triplebyte
- Conducted technical interviews for YC company candidates.
- Checked candidates' knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and architecture.
- Assessed candidates' coding skills.
iOS/Android/ASP.NET Developer2016 - 2017Grab (via Toptal)
Technologies: Objective-C, Android, ASP.NET, MS SQL
- Made a redesign of existing iOS and Android clients.
- Created an online ordering feature for retail.
- Implemented a service rating feature for Android clients.
- Created a cross-platform ASP.NET version of the app.
- Implemented a tipping feature for the Android client.
iOS Engineer2014 - 2015Forge Factory
Technologies: iOS, Objective-C, Swift, Git, Android, Gradle
- Designed and implemented an algorithm for the most effective route-finding in the city public transport system.
- Managed iOS client releases and testers.
- Developed an iOS and Android route-planning app.
- Implemented a quiz module for iOS and Android apps.
- Consulted on technical details with customers for many mobile applications.
Software Engineer2012 - 2014NCR
Technologies: Objective-C, C#, MS SQL, WCF, Java, Couchbase, SVN
- Collaborated on full-stack projects with teams from the US and Europe.
- Programmed a localization tool that exported/imported texts for translation with one click from iOS, Android, and MS SQL.
- Coordinated the iOS client release cycle.
- Integrated app performance, usage, and crash analyzing service used independently by multiple teams.
- Redesigned the iOS client and developed additional features depending on the other team's feedback.
- Created fully automatized internal custom build distribution environments and processes.
- Built an end-to-end weather service. As a data provider, it used Hamweather service.
- Kydy (via Toptal) (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kydy/id1282292648
Development of an iOS AR messenger app and also 3D model procedural generator engine. The project was accepted and funded by Chinaccelerator
- Visual Ruler (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/visualruler/id1116399255
Enables a user to use their mobile phone camera as a ruler. The user points a mobile phone camera at an object to be measured, and a reference object is recognized in real-time. According to the reference object, the size of the target object is computed. Visual Ruler uses standard computer algorithms implemented in OpenCV library.
- How Long Will I Earn (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/how-long-will-i-earn/id1142178895
iOS application that helps you to find out how long you have to earn for your favorite items (Swift, CocoaPods, Sketch)
I designed and implemented the application. It was also to know in how much time I am able to implement a simple app. Including design + implementation + deployment it was 44.5h (5.5MDs).
- Pulse (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ncr-pulse/id477555106?mt=8
A mobile platform that allows a business owner or company executive to view and interact with their data in a fresh and exciting new way. Leverage your existing hardware and software investments as well as your social media marketing efforts and put key elements from all aspects in the palm of your hand.
- iTRACE (Development)
Created an “QR like” code reading iOS app. iTRACE contacted me due to the publication I have (listed below) and they already had an app based on my publication and needed to improve performance and also polish the app. I have increased a performance from 5 FPS to 60 FPS and accuracy of the detection to near 100%
- Grab (Development)https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grab-order-airport-food/id1044645710
Food ordering startup at airports. Originally 2-month project to help with their iOS client. In the end I was a part of the "everyone does everything" development team. I worked on iOS, Android, and ASP.NET/ASP.MVC clients. I have also created a custom branded client (ASP.NET) running on custom kiosk HW which is used by a famous sandwich chain restaurant (more restaurants coming soon)
- ARKit Demo: Augmented Reality Movie Making (Publication)Augmented reality and virtual reality are becoming mainstream and easily available. In this article, Toptal Freelance iOS Developer Altaibayar Tseveenbayar showcases a demo app for adding virtual objects to a video feed using ARKit.
- OpenCV Tutorial: Real-time Object Detection Using MSER in iOS (Publication)Detecting objects of interest in images has always been an interesting challenge in the realm of computer vision, and many approaches have been developed over recent years. As mobile platforms are becoming increasingly powerful, now is the perfect opportunity to develop interesting mobile applications that take advantages of these algorithms. This article walks us through the process of building a simple iOS application for detecting objects in images.
LanguagesSwift, C#, Objective-C, T-SQL, Java
FrameworksARKit, Cocoa, .NET, Windows Communication Framework (WCF), ASP.NET
ToolsXcode, Microsoft Visual Studio, Android Studio
ParadigmsAgile Software Development, Concurrent Programming
PlatformsiOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, Windows Mobile
StorageMicrosoft SQL Server, NoSQL, Couchbase
OtherAugmented Reality (AR), Computer Vision
- Master's degree in Artificial Intelligence2009 - 2013Czech Technical University in Prague - Czech Rep.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science2006 - 2009Czech Technical University in Prague - Prague
- Deep Learning SpecializationFEBRUARY 2018 - PRESENTCoursera
- 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL ServerJANUARY 2014 - PRESENTMicrosoft