Software Developer in Quito, Pichincha, Ecuador
Senior Drupal Specialist2017 - PRESENTContinion
Technologies: Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Acquia, PHP, PatternLab
- Migrated to an Acquia environment from a previous custom server hosted in-house.
- Provided advanced module development.
- Created custom integration between the HR system and Drupal.
- Developed a custom theme using a components approach with a living style guide that works for both Drupal 7 and can be adapted Drupal 8 easily.
- Supported the planning and architecture phases for Drupal 8 migration.
Senior Drupal Developer2017 - 2019Longboard
Technologies: Drupal 8, PHP, JS, SCSS, Gulp, PatternLab, AWS, Pantheon
- Architected a Drupal 8 website hosted on Pantheon.
- Developed a custom theme using a components approach with a living style guide.
- Created a custom interface between Drupal and AWS to share media assets and custom HTML markup between multiple websites.
- Provided Pantheon server administration.
Senior Drupal Front-end Specialist2014 - 2017New Target
Technologies: Drupal, PHP, JS, SCSS, Gulp, Compass, Solr
- Architected Drupal sites from requirement documents.
- Created pixel-perfect themes from PSD mockups.
- Helped standardize the development process and theming process.
- Led technical aspects of project work.
- Developed modules to fit custom requirements and integrations.
Senior Drupal Developer2012 - 2017Jobsity
- Led technical aspects of internal projects.
- Oversaw onboarding for all new Drupal developers.
- Headed up training of new Drupal developers, filling knowledge gaps and getting them up to speed so that they could do their jobs.
- Worked as a "first face" developer for new Drupal clients.
- Advised and supported the team on front-end, PSD to HTML tasks, and more.
Senior Drupal Developer2012 - 2014Code and Theory
Technologies: Drupal, PHP, JS, Git, DFP, Solr
- Developed PSD to Drupal theming.
- Installed and architected Drupal sites from scratch, based on requirements documents.
- Integrated and configured Google DFP ads and Adobe SiteCatalyst.
- Developed Drupal custom modules to integrate REST APIs.
- Tweaked Drupal views and other Drupal components along with caching strategies to improve performance.
- St. Edwards University (Development)https://www.stedwards.edu/
Drupal 7 site with a custom living componentized style guide theme, developed looking forward to a Drupal 8 migration. The project also contains maintenance tasks, bug fixing, and development of new functionality requested by the St. Edwards team. Currently developing a Drupal 8 site taking into account migration to Drupal 9 early 2020.
- Longboard Funds (Development)https://www.longboardfunds.com
Developed a blog site for the company using Drupal 8 with integration to AWS to push assets between the main company site developed on Adobe Bussiness Catalyst and Drupal. Theme developed with a custom living style guide and components.
- NBC Universal (Development)http://www.nbcuniversal.com/
Drupal 7 site migrated from Sitecore, created using Drupal core and Boilerplate as base theme. Among the responsabilities entrusted to me on this project were coordination of theming efforts, site building, and handling the deploy proces to Acquia server
- San Francisco Travel (Development)http://www.sftravel.com/
Drupal site created using Boilerplate as a base theme, I was charged with theming and responsiveness for the site. Also I was resposible for the integrations made to different external APIs like Booking.com, TripAdvisor, and Gaycities.
- Drupal 7 SCSS Base Code (Other amazing things)https://gitlab.com/mimodsg/drupal-theme-base
Reusable base code to jump start the theming process for D7.
FrameworksZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, Compass, Twig, CodeIgniter, Django REST Framework, Laravel
Libraries/APIsSusy, jQuery, Instagram API, DFP API, Twitter API, React
ToolsAdobe Illustrator, PhpStorm, Git, Tower, Adobe Photoshop, Git Flow, ITerm, Gulp.js
ParadigmsWeb Design, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Agile Software Development, Scrum, UI Design
PlatformsDrupal, Drupal 8, WordPress
OtherPSD to Drupal, Homebrew, PSD to HTML, Ajax, SSH, YML, CSS3 Animation
- Degree in Web Development and Web Design2008 - 2010Escuela de Artes Digitales - Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Licentiate degree in Multimedia Design2004 - 2007Insituto Metropolitano de Diseño - Quito, Ecuador
- Drupal Developer CertificationAPRIL 2015 - PRESENTAcquia