Ruby on Rails Developer2014 - PRESENTSPTJ Consulting (Via TopTal)
- Created a knowledge base system using devise for authentication, Amazon S3 for storing uploads and hosted on heroku with some features like full-text search, files management and tagging.
Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Web Developer2014 - PRESENTBulavard (Via TopTal)
- Built a comprehensive test suite with unit and feature specs.
- Refactored the codebase to improve the codeclimate rate from 2.6 to 3.3.
- Further integrated Stripe to allow the app to charge an application fee, the ability to have multiple cards on record and recurrent billing.
- Implemented key features like: 'subscription management', 'add-on management', 'Administration panel', 'Invitations system', among many others.
Full Stack Web Developer2014 - 2014CCI Systems (Via TopTal)
- Created multiple reports for a network management system.
- Created several unit and feature tests using Rspec and Capybara.
- Implemented bugfixes.
RoR Engineer2013 - 2014Cleer (Via TopTal)
- Created a platform to help management teams to make and execute critical business decisions using Ruby on Rails (social network alike).
- Integrated box API to support HTML visualization of PDF and MS Office documents.
- Created JS rich views to allow drag and drop reordering, ajax updating, sorting and filtering.
- Created a responsive side 'app look-alike' sliding menu and numerous fully-responsive views.
- Set up background job processing using redis and sidekiq compatible with the multi-tenant postgreSQL database on heroku, as well as the integration with the mandrill service for mailing.
Senior Developer2012 - 2013Imagine
- Created a human management system for one of the largest financing company in Colombia (Tuya S.A.) using PHP, Yii Framework, jQuery, and PostgreSQL, as well as TDD methodology.
- Created a workflow for managing Tuya S.A.'s contracting and procurement process using PHP, Yii Framework, jQuery and PostgreSQL, as well as TDD methodology.
- Created a module for processing TIFF images (rewrote legacy code) for an HR company using PHP, Yii Framework and PostgreSQL.
Performance Improvement Advisor2011 - 2012Ernst & Young
Technologies: Project Management
- Worked as a PMO (Project Management Office) team member in an IFRS implementation program.
- Managed the progress and timing of projects related to the IFRS program.
Research Assistant at the VR Lab2009 - 2011EAFIT
Technologies: C++, Python
- Created an immersive virtual reality training system with stereoscopic vision to improve the mechanical assembly training process of manufacturing companies using Python with Panda3D.
- Created an augmented reality training system to complement the functionality of the virtual reality system using C++.
- Designed and implemented an interactive cutting algorithm with pattern recognition for triangular meshes to simulate cuts in a surgical simulator using C++.
Developer2009 - 2011Freelancer
- Created several online stores including shopping carts, inventory management, and online payments, among other features. Used Ruby on Rails, jQuery, PostgreSQL, HTML and CSS.
- Created a stand-alone application in Java to manage container-related information for a foreign trade company in Colombia (Marporte).
- Performed numerous PSD to HTML transformations.