Amaury Andres Peniche Gonzalez
Amaury is a systems engineer and production engineer with experience in front- and back-end development, computer graphics, and networking. He has developed software extensively for large companies. He believes in simplicity, quality, productivity, agile methodologies, and responsibility.
Git, Emacs, TextMate, MacOS
The most amazing...
...software I've ever written is an immersive virtual reality training system with stereoscopic vision for mechanical assembly.
Ruby on Rails Developer
SPTJ Consulting (Via TopTal)
- Created a knowledge base system using devise for authentication, Amazon S3 for storing uploads and hosted on heroku with some features like full-text search, files management and tagging.
Ruby on Rails Full-Stack Web Developer
Bulavard (Via TopTal)
- Built a comprehensive test suite with unit and feature specs.
- Refactored the codebase to improve the codeclimate rate from 2.6 to 3.3.
- Further integrated Stripe to allow the app to charge an application fee, the ability to have multiple cards on record and recurrent billing.
- Implemented key features like: 'subscription management', 'add-on management', 'Administration panel', 'Invitations system', among many others.
Full Stack Web Developer
CCI Systems (Via TopTal)
- Created multiple reports for a network management system.
- Created several unit and feature tests using Rspec and Capybara.
- Implemented bugfixes.
Cleer (Via TopTal)
- Created a platform to help management teams to make and execute critical business decisions using Ruby on Rails (social network alike).
- Integrated box API to support HTML visualization of PDF and MS Office documents.
- Created JS rich views to allow drag and drop reordering, ajax updating, sorting and filtering.
- Created a responsive side 'app look-alike' sliding menu and numerous fully-responsive views.
- Set up background job processing using redis and sidekiq compatible with the multi-tenant postgreSQL database on heroku, as well as the integration with the mandrill service for mailing.
- Created a human management system for one of the largest financing company in Colombia (Tuya S.A.) using PHP, Yii Framework, jQuery, and PostgreSQL, as well as TDD methodology.
- Created a workflow for managing Tuya S.A.'s contracting and procurement process using PHP, Yii Framework, jQuery and PostgreSQL, as well as TDD methodology.
- Created a module for processing TIFF images (rewrote legacy code) for an HR company using PHP, Yii Framework and PostgreSQL.
Performance Improvement Advisor
Ernst & Young
- Worked as a PMO (Project Management Office) team member in an IFRS implementation program.
- Managed the progress and timing of projects related to the IFRS program.
Research Assistant at the VR Lab
- Created an immersive virtual reality training system with stereoscopic vision to improve the mechanical assembly training process of manufacturing companies using Python with Panda3D.
- Created an augmented reality training system to complement the functionality of the virtual reality system using C++.
- Designed and implemented an interactive cutting algorithm with pattern recognition for triangular meshes to simulate cuts in a surgical simulator using C++.
- Created several online stores including shopping carts, inventory management, and online payments, among other features. Used Ruby on Rails, jQuery, PostgreSQL, HTML and CSS.
- Created a stand-alone application in Java to manage container-related information for a foreign trade company in Colombia (Marporte).
- Performed numerous PSD to HTML transformations.
Meet Volt, A Promising Ruby Framework For Dynamic Applications
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Yii, Capybara
jQuery, Ruby on Rails API, Twilio API, Facebook API, Devise, Stripe
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Adobe Fireworks, TextMate, RSpec, Emacs, Git
Agile Software Development, Test-driven Development (TDD)
Bachelor's Degree in Production Engineering
EAFIT University - Medellin, Colombia
Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering
EAFIT University - Medellin, Colombia