Principal Systems Engineer2012 - PRESENTVerizon Media / Yahoo / AOL
Technologies: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Created Ruby-based tool to automate the creation and management of EKS clusters, along with several addons.
- Served as SME for AWS, containerization, Kubernetes, and all related tools.
- Automated dozens of manual processes, saving hours per week in lost productivity.
- Developed open-source tool (terraform-php) that works as an SDK to create dynamic Terraform configurations.
- Migrated dozens of applications from traditional VMs to Docker.
- Became in-house subject matter expert on all things Chef, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Architected process and wrote code to automate AMI creation and enforce security and company requirements; AMIs were used across several thousand instances.
Linux Systems Administrator2011 - 2013Verizon Business
Technologies: RHEL, CentOS, VMware, Opsware, Juniper
- Managed hundreds of servers for multiple government and commercial clients.
- Provided scalable and reliable solutions to expanding mission-critical applications.
- Trained networking and other teams on basic Linux usage to help them work more efficiently (e.g. via Opsware shell).
- Configured monitoring products such as NetIQ and Tripwire.
- Controlled device backups via NetBackup to ensure that systems could be fungible in case of outage.