CTO & Co-founder2011 - PRESENTAppCard, Inc.
Technologies: Git, Linux, PostgreSQL, Nginx, Redis, Celery, Python
- Founded a customer retention platform for retailer and grocery stores using Python and embedded IoT.
- Led the product team in defining mobile, web, and embedded strategy, functionality, and UI/UX.
- Designed and owned system architecture, software design, and technology stacks.
- Developed significant parts of the server-side implementation.
- Led DevOps, CI/CD, deployment, and monitoring process and tools.
- Led technology, M&A, and DD processes.
Consultant1999 - PRESENTSelf-employed
Technologies: Python, C, C++
- Provided technology evaluation, tech due diligence, stack design, and implementation reviews.
- Reviewed design, architecture, and algorithms for leading customers.
- Implemented boutique projects for unique, multidisciplinary needs.
Vice President of R&D2010 - 2011Vonage Holdings
- Started as a consultant on mobile strategy for VG and later joined full-time as VP R&D.
- Set up and hired a mobile-centric development team.
- Restructured the R&D team and introduced Agile work methodologies and cloud technologies.
- Introduced innovation rethinking, kickstarting internal processes to foster innovation.
CTO2006 - 2010JAJAH, Inc.
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, VoIP, Mobile, Asterisk, C#.NET, .NET, C#
- Created and operated an international VoIP provider catering to over 30 million subscribers and becoming one of the fastest growing and innovating operators in the world.
- Designed, implemented, and operated a network for telephony termination using open-source technology stacks.
- Designed and implemented a real-time payment and billing system for pre- and post-payment plans.
- Designed, implemented, and operated proactive fraud-prevention systems.
- Participated in product definition and design processes, leading integrations with IBM, Yahoo, and Microsoft as well as discussions with partners and operators in Asia.
Development Manager2001 - 2006SAP
Technologies: Java, C++, C#.NET
- Handled SAP's internal messaging system and online data collaboration as part of SAP Knowledge Management & Collaboration.
- Owned the SAP .NET framework for integrating Microsoft with SAP technologies.
- Collaborated with SAP's internal innovation committee for fostering and growing innovation.
CTO & Co-founder1999 - 2001Expression, Inc.
Technologies: Assembler, Java, C, C++
- Designed, implemented, and operated a data collaboration platform for integration with application platforms including instant messaging, screen sharing, and more.
- Designed and implemented an operating system on embedded devices for electronic books.