Verified Expert in Engineering
Amit has almost two decades of experience building web applications for enterprises and startups in various domains. He's designed and built applications mainly on the back end. He specializes in Ruby on Rails. Amit identifies more as a generalist than a specialist and is always open to utilizing his skills in novel and demanding projects.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ubuntu, RubyMine, SmartGit
The most amazing...
...solution I've created for a real estate marketplace handles 300,000 monthly visitors/1 million new properties, demonstrating scalability and a high capacity.
Senior Back-end Engineer
- Played a crucial role in developing multiple internal products that power the company's flagship freelance network built with microservice-based architecture.
- Demonstrated leadership skills by effectively managing and delivering multiple internal projects ahead of schedule, with a significant impact.
- Served as a business process management (BPM) specialist in eliminating legacy BPM processes, reducing technical debt, and substantially improving developer productivity.
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
- Designed and implemented a microservice-based solution that efficiently handles a large influx of data feeds from numerous instances of Ruby and Python spiders.
- Designed and implemented a flexible and user-friendly rule engine to dynamically validate, modify, and eliminate feed items.
- Maintained and improved the company's housing rental property portals that cater to over 10 countries in Europe and list approximately 500,000 ads.
- Designed and built interactive report solutions with multifaceted search and drill-down capabilities, providing clear visibility to stakeholders.
- Built and expanded spider development teams, resulting in a 5x increase in listings across the 10+ portals and a 3x increase in revenue from ads.
- Established a comprehensive development workflow from sourcing crawlable domains to making the feeds live on over 10 real estate rental portals simultaneously.
- Achieved substantial cost savings by reducing the need for writing duplicate spiders.
Co-founder | COO
- Played a crucial role in starting and building the company from the ground up and scaling 70+ people.
- Developed and delivered 20+ projects with exceptional results on time and within budget.
- Played a significant role in recruiting and training, helping build a talented and diverse team capable of delivering high-quality work.
- Designed and implemented a pluggable platform to connect with various car rental service providers to gather data in real time.
- Optimized the system to deliver fast search results from multiple data providers.
- Established documentation, style guides, and best practices for the platform.
- Conducted reverse engineering of a non-documented library to comprehend the internal operations of the existing Toyota Owners portal.
- Designed and implemented a RESTful API wrapper to be utilized within the Liferay portal.
- Demonstrated exceptional time management and dedication by implementing Magnolia CMS for a marketing and community website for the inFAMOUS game series.
- Implemented intelligent translators and rule-based routing for seamless document exchange between enterprise legacy systems.
- Expanded a solution that successfully processed hundreds of thousands of procurement documents daily in various formats(BASDA, EDI, and cXML).
- Increased revenue by 2x facilitating a high volume of accurate document conversions and transports between disparate legacy systems.
STL ( Sterlite Technologies Limited)
- Designed and developed a generic framework for provisioning access, voice, VoIP, and IPTV services into relevant devices.
- Integrated billing solution with a wide range of telecom provisioning devices via various protocols, such as LDAP, Telnet, HTTPS, SOAP, and TL1.
- Implemented the provisioning solution for India's leading telecom services providers, including BSNL, Airtel, Reliance, and Vodafone.
Portal for Web Crawler Managementhttps://rentola.com/
The Fifth Collectionhttps://www.thefifthcollection.com/
I served as the lead developer for more than three years, responsible for extensively customizing the SpreeCommerce platform and integrations with disparate services to improve customer experience and operational workflow. I also carried out a very challenging platform migration from Spree 2.3 and Rails 4.2 to Spree 3.2 and Rails 5.2.
Omnichannel eCommerce Solution
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby on Rails 5, Ruby on Rails 4
API Development, jQuery, Sidekiq, Stripe API
APIs, API Integration, Back-end Development, Back-end, Spree Commerce, Web Scraping, Software Architecture, Enterprise Java Beans (EJB) 3, Real Estate
Git, GitHub, RSpec, Jira
Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Design Patterns, REST
Ubuntu, Amazon EC2, Docker
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Sardar Patel University - Vallabh Vidyanagar, India
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Sardar Patel University - Vallabh Vidyanagar, India
Sun Certified Business Component Developer
Sun Certified Java Programmer