CI/CD Pipelines Developer
Amit is a seasoned and dedicated DevOps and infrastructure engineer with years of experience in cloud and DevOps technologies. He's worked on various projects that involved infrastructure provisioning using code and automating all manual tasks in the project, ensuring apps' high availability. Amit's daily toolset includes Kubernetes for container orchestration, Helm Charts, Jenkins for CI/CD, Azure Cloud, and many others.
ExperienceBash - 6 yearsKubernetes - 5 yearsDocker - 5 yearsHelm - 5 yearsAzure Kubernetes Service (AKS) - 4 yearsJenkins - 4 yearsAzure - 4 yearsCI/CD Pipelines - 3 years
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Azure, Jenkins, Helm, Bash, DevOps, CI/CD Pipelines, Redis
The most amazing...
...app I've worked upon is 'Marcel', a collaboration tool for an internal team of 90,000+ employees of Publicis Groupe.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Via - Logistics
- Managed many big Kubernetes clusters with the most critical applications that used to cause huge outages across many cities where our service operates. After I fixed issues and followed best practices, these outages came down to almost zero downtime.
- Reduced costs by peering VPCs instead of using TGW on connections consuming the most packets.
- Applied autoscaling using KEDA and VPA, resulting in huge savings in infrastructural costs during off times.
- Involved in planning and designing canary clusters with a multi-region set up.
Senior Infrastructure Analyst
- Designed and implemented Kubernetes autoscaling on Azure Cloud, achieving 90% cost optimization compared to the previous PaaS solution.
- Reduced monthly expenditure on infrastructural costs by containerizing microservices using Docker and Kubernetes (AKS), defining only the required resources for all apps.
- Implemented IAM rules using RBAC on AKS and Kubernetes for added security.
- Created a single Helm Chart framework with version control for all apps using feature flags to turn a feature on or off.
- Achieved monthly cost savings of $1,000 to $1,200 by automating the pods' scale (replicas) on weekends (non-peak hours), reducing cluster nodes without impacting the environment.
Arctern Healthcare Pvt., Ltd. — Meddo Health
- Converted a VM-based architecture to container-based architecture with the help of AKS and Helm Charts, achieving high-cost savings on the infrastructure.
- Developed build and release configurations for managing production systems.
- Provisioned open-source servers for version control, bug reporting, monitoring, and CI/CD on top of AKS.
Risefy Outsourcing Services Pvt., Ltd.
- Created and managed infrastructure resources on AWS including EC2, VPC, S3, Elastic IP, RDS, Auto Scaling group, and ELB.
- Handled deployments of major releases on the production environment.
- Designed the codebase and branching strategies on Git using Gitea.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer and WordPress Developer
- Provisioned and managed infrastructure and resources on AWS EC2, Amazon Lightsail, and S3. I also developed WordPress websites for my clients.
- Provided super low-cost static sites running directly from AWS S3 to my clients as per their needs.
- Maintained servers' health and created alerts, including disk space warnings.
- Provided SEO and annual maintenance to my clients.
Conduit Demo Apphttps://github.com/amitwadhiani/bufalo-fullstack.git
I have created DevOps pipelines on Jenkins, ARM templates, connections, and the ELK stack set up for demo purposes for this real-world demo application, Conduit.
The pipeline includes building the docker images after code changes, pushing to a container registry, then creating a PostgreSQL database as a container on a different VM, then deploying the app to Azure Web Apps PaaS solution using ARM templates. Logging is handled using the ELK stack.
The database is backed up twice a day using the pg_dump utility on the Docker host VM. This backup can be pushed to any persistent storage in a real-life scenario.
This project also includes a recurrent pipeline for cleaning up orphan docker images in the VM when new builds are pushed to the container registry.
This app allows people to find news updates, collaborate with each other, find information about different communities, find new internal gigs, help and teach each other, learn through Marcel classes, and much more.
I contributed to DevOps at Marcel, making it a very mature and stable product. When I joined Marcel, it could take around two days for a new release deployment to occur, but now it only takes a few hours. We are releasing a new version every week which earlier we could not think of. A few examples of my significant contributions include:
• Helping in the Kubernetes flavored Marcel rollout, including framework development.
• Creating a generic Helm chart deployment framework suitable for any app like deployment, cron job, job, and pod.
• Automating the reduction of app replicas on weekends (non-peak hours), achieving monthly cost savings of $1,000-$1,200.
• Integrating six different types of test frameworks into a one-click deploy pipeline which queues up around 24 tests to be run in parallel with just a single click.
I contributed to DevOps, cloud, and system administration work at the Meddo Health app. A few examples of my significant contributions are:
• Helping in the Kubernetes flavored Meddo app rollout, migrating from an Azure PaaS solution, and relocating a few apps from AWS.
• Creating Helm charts for 30+ apps.
• Building CI/CD pipelines with Drone CI.
• Performing all system administration tasks such as onboarding new teammates and providing access to different teams (IAM/RBAC).
• Collaborating on all cloud-related work like provisioning VMs, creating DNS entries, managing traffic, and more.
Go, Bash, Bash Script, Groovy
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Jenkins, Helm, SonarQube, Bitbucket, Docker Compose, RabbitMQ, ELK (Elastic Stack), AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS), Sentry, Varnish, Amazon CloudWatch
Agile, DevOps, Role-based Access Control (RBAC), Azure DevOps
Kubernetes, Docker, Amazon EC2, Amazon Lightsail, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Drone CI, Linux, Azure PaaS, WordPress, New Relic, AWS Lambda
Azure Cloud Services, Azure Blobs, Redis, Azure SQL, Amazon Aurora, MySQL, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Remote Work, SSL Configurations, CI/CD Pipelines, DevOps Engineer, IT Infrastructure, Infrastructure, Cloud Infrastructure, Autoscaling, Cloud Architecture, Scalability, Taiga, Cloud, SpotInst Ocean, DNS, Groovy Scripting, Leadership, Microsoft Azure, System Administration, Cloud Security, Scaling, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Terracotta, Gitea, Relational Database Services (RDS), Software Development, Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Bachelor of Computer Applications in Software Engineering
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) - New Delhi, India
Certified Kubernetes Administrator