CTO | Chief Developer2018 - 2019Bitcoin Exchange
Technologies: Node.js, Python, Django, Angular, WebSockets, Firebase, Java, React
- Created a full-featured user CRUD operation for signing, signups, password resets, verification emails, 2FA with support for DDOS, and bots attacks.
- Designed the back end with CRUD operations in mind which included creating, modifying, canceling, and the partial canceling of orders in the matching engine and database.
- Constructed a matching engine from scratch that scales to more than 1 million order executions per second.
- Implemented an entire fail-safe order execution mechanism that guarantees 100% success rate for all orders executed in matching engine with a feature to avoid accidentals orders execution on behalf of human errors.
- Set up both the staging and production environments on AWS and DigitalOcean which also involves practically evaluating the pros and cons of various providers.
- Designed the DigitalOcean-based infrastructure, including the servers, storage, monitoring and alerts which helped the team to defend against the attacks multiple times.
- Led the team in the implementation of the client-side Android app from the ground up.
- Built the entire team of 25+ members for operations, marketing, tech, and business strategies.
Senior Software Developer2017 - 2018Blueshift
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Built a bulk data updater for uploading and updating bulk data (~100 GB) into the analytics panel of Blueshift with failsafe and error reporting.
- Implemented full-featured audit trails to capture a snapshot of each change made to the required data along with a feature to roll back to any version.
- Designed and built a promotion tool to upload, use, and validate promotions code into campaigns.
- Implemented a campaign editor and schedular.
- Designed a notification utility that can be used for drafting, scheduling, or executing any kind of notification along with webhooks for a client's custom implementation.
Software Developer2016 - 2017Askme
Technologies: Python, Django, Flask, Java, Kafka, React
- Designed a microservice to integrate a unified sellers API into Askme seller panel to facilitates sellers to use a single panel to manage their catalog on multiple eCommerce websites.
- Created a scalable microservice over Kafka to consume orders and updates from other sources and create a central database for all orders action.
- Implemented a scalable unified payment gateway service to be used by the user for any services of Askme.
- Created a scalable microservice for refunds and promotion cashback for users which helped in the creation of promotions at a very granular level for users.
- Implemented a scalable microservice for CRUD operations on the user's cart, wishlist, favorites, recent orders, probable orders, and frequent orders.
Software Developer2014 - 2016Groupon
Technologies: Java, Python, Django, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Was involved deeply in the development of the order engine and seller panel for the Groupon goods platform.
- Built a full-featured, order-preprocessor for handling orders from APAC countries with extra requirements to make it compatible with the US's order engine.
- Developed a full-featured courier aggregator for Groupon to handle tracking updates from multiple couriers into the unified platform.
- Created a full-featured email notifier for order status updates (for the sellers and customer) and embedding dynamic links for quick actions.
- Headed the Groupon APAC team on cloning of global order engine and services for APAC and maintaining it.