Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTConfidential
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Docker, DevOps, Java
- Built a wallet application to manage custody of Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Ripple.
- Set up continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Set up automated provisioning on AWS using Terraform and Ansible.
- AWS Technologies: EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDS (PostgreSQL), S3, API Gateway, etc.
Software Architect2016 - 2017DevFactory
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring, Docker, Java
- Acted as the technical backstop for the engineering team by providing clear architecture guidance and code reviews.
- Interfaced between engineering and product management teams.
- Took a hands-on approach to all architecture projects.
- Architected and built a software called CodeServer, a Cloud Native application that normalized and cached code repository metadata (commits, authors, changelogs, etc) and provided a RESTful API via microservices for client applications that were building insights of a given code, and which was the heart of the company’s business strategy.
- Led a technical engineering team.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Dell SecureWorks (United Kingdom)
Technologies: Apache Cassandra, Apache, NoSQL, Protobuf, Public Health, Apache ZooKeeper, REST, ActiveMQ, Java
- Worked with Next Generation Health, a project that was part of the Counter Threat Platform (CTP), Dell SecureWorks' proprietary managed security services platform used to intelligently defend customers against threats.
- Developed back-end features, mostly focused on Next Generation Health.
- Followed Agile practices, including daily meetings, sprint planning and retrospectives, TDD, code review, and continuous integration.
- Implemented DevOps culture, using Electric Commander to support deployments.
Software Engineer2014 - 2015The Scottish Government (United Kingdom)
- Developed for a project within the Scottish Government Directorate for Agriculture, Food and Rural Communities on the development of systems supporting payment of EU scheme grants and subsidies.
- Contributed to the Application Processing Agile team; my main responsibility was to develop the front-end stories, but I also fixed full-stack issues.
- Supported less experienced developers.
Software Engineer2014 - 20143CON Consulting and Systems
- Built Market Maker, an application for BM&FBOVESPA (largest stock exchange in Brazil). Market Maker is used to register programs, market makers, trading rules, and allowances.
- Played a key role on the project as a senior Java developer; when I arrived, there were several tasks behind schedule and we were able to get back on track and deliver on time.
Software Engineer/Technical Coordinator2009 - 2014Bunge
Technologies: SAP, JEE, Java, Oracle Database, Oracle, .NET, C#
- Coordinated technical teams to build business partner portal and master data registration applications as part of Bunge’s One Brazil SAP project.
- Worked closely with the business team to understand business requirements and translate to technical teams.
- Integrated with SAP's system.
- Maintained and enhanced the Salesforce automation application, used to input sales orders and to generate reports about orders, invoices, financial titles, customers, etc. Enhanced the app’s integration with SAP ERP, making information presented on the portal more reliable. This enhancement improved user confidence in the system, which brought usage of the Salesforce automation portal to more than 90%.
- Maintained and enhanced the financial portal, which allowed the company to block bank accounts for deposit. This action reduced errors and head account of the finance team, because payments made by the finance portal didn’t need manual procedures.
Software Engineer2003 - 2009Early Career
Technologies: Apache Tomcat, IBM Db2, Oracle, PL/SQL, Java
- Led technical projects for iG - Internet Group, supporting developers in dealing with technical issues and understanding their tasks. Implemented Scrum practices such as product backlog, sprints, and daily meetings.
- Maintained the iG Sales application, which is responsible for the sale of all iG products, including registering users, creating email accounts, selecting products, and making payments on all sales channels (online, call center, and CRM).
- Designed and built the OV Automation application for EDS (an HP company). Built a transaction processing server to manage the session between the POS devices and the OV host database (AS/400 transaction database).
- Contributed to a project for COLT Telecom Group (United Kingdom). Built and maintained an automated provisioning tool (APT), an application developed to manage COLT’s services, integrated with other sub-systems. APT manages customers, users, and their permissions, and provides remote network management. There are many modules that communicate amongst themselves through web services.
- Designed, built, and maintained the customer-facing SAC application for Advanced Medical Nutrition. The app registers customer contact with the company as well as contact of the customers with Support, including requests for information, customer claims, etc. Using SAC application, attendance time was reduced significantly.
- Maintained other applications for Advanced Medical Nutrition built in Visual Basic and Oracle (SQL and PL/SQL).