Machine Learning Engineer2019 - PRESENTEnvoy Media Group
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Python, Amazon SageMaker, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Gradient Boosted Trees, Data Science, Machine Learning, Docker
- Created an in-house framework which does auto-ML for data and tasks specific to Envoy Media Group. We use the AWS stack and are able to train and deploy a new model within an hour, without writing code.
- Contributed to feature our framework as a case study for Partner Success on AWS (https://aws.amazon.com/partners/success/envoy-media-toptal/).
- Trained, tested, deployed, and monitored machine learning models with Amazon SageMaker.
- Collaborated with the Envoy Media Group team on their long-term AI/machine learning strategy.
Head of Machine Learning2020 - 2021Aisle3
Technologies: Python, Amazon Web Services (AWS), PyTorch, Deep Neural Networks, Artificial Neural Networks (ANN), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Computer Vision, OpenCV, TensorFlow, Deep Learning, FAISS, AWS Fargate, AWS S3, FastAPI
- Developed the product matching engine prototype, which matched the same product from different sellers using their images and description. Used OpenCV and ConvNet-generated image features, as well as vector index storage and search.
- Oversaw the long-term ML strategy for the company, deciding which directions are the most promising going into the future. Worked closely with other teams on the overall system architecture on AWS.
- Supervised a small remote team tasked with bringing the product matching engine into production. By the time I left the company, we had a product matching API and an internally-developed labeling tool using the API.
AWS Sagemaker Consultant2019 - 2020Visably LLC (via TopTal)
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon SageMaker
- Provided consulting to the client to migrate their on-premise ML solution into AWS Sagemaker.
Machine Learning Engineer (Remote)2019 - 2019Pirate Labs
Technologies: Recommendation Systems, Factorization Machines, Python, Machine Learning, Data Science, NumPy, Pandas
- Created a recommender system delivering marketing emails for a company with multiple, diverse clients. Each client is a shop selling different products, and the shops are very different from one another. We created a single system that works for all.
- Designed, implemented, and tested the recommender system. It was highly configurable and flexible, enabling it to effectively adapt to unique settings of each shop.
- Oversaw the testing and helped with launching the system into production.
Co-founder, CEO2018 - 2019NVision LLC
Technologies: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, OpenCV, Python, C++
- Created a cloud-based infrastructure for crawling, indexing, and supporting an image database of tens of millions of images.
- Retrieved images from a database of tens of millions of images. Query images could be very heavily altered versions of the original.
- Enabled digital watermarking of images (prototype).
Developer of Recommender System (Freelance)2017 - 2018Triskk.com
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, Git, Jupyter, NumPy, Python
- Helped prototype a recommender system.
- Created, tested, and tuned a prototype with Python.
- Implemented the system within AWS infrastructure and made it production-ready.
Product Manager2016 - 2017Armsoft
Technologies: TFS, R, Visual Studio, .NET, C#
- Served as the product manager for an in-house developed ETL.
- Participated in product creation from the start: design, implementation, testing.
- Oversaw client deployments and service monitoring.
Head of Research and Education Center2012 - 2017Armsoft
- Created a highly demanded educational program with more than 10 applicants for one position.
- Co-developed the overall strategy for the education center, including creating the curriculum, designing the admission process, and recruiting the lecturers. Managed 1-2 assistants who took care of day-to-day operations.
- Managed entrance exams (up to three rounds) with more than 300 applicants and more than 20 lecturers/TAs/colleagues being involved in different rounds.
- Researched and published in IEEE TKDE, currently ranked #1 by Google Scholar in the category "Databases and Information Systems."