Verified Expert in Engineering
Ruby on Rails Developer
André is a highly-motivated software engineer. Ruby is his general purpose language of choice, and he writes Rails apps both professionally and for fun. He deeply believes in Agile practices and his personal motivation is pushing code to production and seeing how it makes someone's life better.
Git, MacOS, Vim Text Editor, Tmux
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a rescue project in which I turned a 10k LOC pile of Rails code into something maintainable.
- Served as lead developer in a team of 6.
- Split a large codebase into more easily maintainable services.
- Mentored junior engineers on the team.
- Reviewed code.
- Turned a 10k LOC pile of Rails code into a maintainable project.
- Refactored fat controllers and models into business components.
- Wrote a test suite for the application, starting with acceptance specifications and slowly adding more tests all the way down to the unit level.
- Wrote a PDF signing tool with Ruby and Java.
- Redesigned both the code and the UI of a complex billing report into a better and more performant solution.
Nothing But The Funk feed readerhttps://github.com/abernardes/nbtf
This is still a work in progress.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), Phoenix, Ember.js, AngularJS
Agile Software Development
Oracle, MacOS, Linux
Backbone.js, Facebook API, GitHub API, jQuery
Tmux, Vim Text Editor, Git
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Catholic University of Campinas - Campinas-SP, Brazil