- Senior Software EngineerReliant Security2012 - PRESENT
Technologies: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Redis, RabbitMQ, Puppet, MCollective
- Designed and implemented a Ruby on Rails web application designed to manage Puppet, managing over 5,000+ nodes world-wide.
- Developed many retail features within this product, including a REST API.
- Successfully started a TDD effort within the development team and was responsible for code reviews, releases and deployment operations.
- Designed and implemented an asynchronous architecture for performing long-running tasks on top of RabbitMQ.
- Leaded an effort to create a monitoring service using the Sensu framework. Assisted the creation of a Sensu Puppet module. Implemented several commercial features and contributed back fixes to the open-source project.
- FreelancerGeekLab2011 - 2012
Technologies: Android, Java
- Developed the iProspecto Android application for reading, downloading and taking notes on companies' prospects, follow-ons, IPOs and debentures.
- Added a user notification feature for new documents published by the companies.
- See Google Play to download iProspecto.
- Developed a client for Power Financial, in partnership with GeekLab.
- Independent Contractor1000 Corks2011 - 2012
Technologies: Python, HTML, CSS, CoffeeScript, jQuery Mobile, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached
- Extended existing search engine web services and created new web crawling features using Python.
- Added internationalization support.
- Implemented Facebook integration.
- Developed new geographic search options.
- Created a cross-platform mobile version of the search engine using jQuery Mobile.
- Wrote sanity tests for the search engine using Selenium.
- Freelance Android DeveloperSoda Virtual2011 - 2011
Technologies: Android, Java, Web Services
- Developed an Android newsfeed application for a local news company's self-developed solutions for asynchronous image loading and caching. The application's name is ClickPB and is still available on Google Play.
- Software EngineerSignove2009 - 2011
Technologies: C, Linux Kernel, Bluetooth (BlueZ), GStreamer, Python, Qt, Home Entertainment Systems, Set-top Boxes, DirectFB
- Contributed code to the BlueZ project (Linux kernel's official bluetooth stack) by implementing features of the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) specification.
- Specifically, used C to implement aspects of the protocol that described device characteristics.
- Worked on a project to support the CC2540 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) chip within the BlueZ stack.
- Contributed code to a BlueZ tool named hcidump that monitored conversations between bluetooth devices in a human-readable format. The code enabled the tool to understand BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) messages and its various protocol layers.
- Implemented a Home Entertainment System using GStreamer and Python that enabled a home computer to stream multimedia content to multiple mobile platforms (Symbian S40 and S60, Maemo, Meego).
- Implemented a set-top box graphical user interface using Linux, Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, and DirectFB.
- Google Summer of Code Student2010 - 2010
Technologies: C, GStreamer, XMF
- Developed GStreamer plugins for generating and rendering iXMF-formatted files.
- Created a case study for the iXMF format within the GStreamer concepts.
- Implemented basic support for the iXMF's parent format: XMF.
- Google Summer of Code Student2009 - 2009
Technologies: C, Enlightenment Foundation Libraries, UPnP, Low-level I/O
- Developed a UPnP framework in C for the Enlightenment Project.
- Added support for SSDP seamless device discovery, parsing of full device-characteristics, and blazing-fast XML processing through SAX.
- Added support for UPnP eventing between devices.
- Used efficient memory management paradigms by minimizing OS system calls.
- Created a reusable logging system that was later extracted and incorporated into a library called Eina, the base library for the EFL libraries set.
- Lead DeveloperEmbedded Systems and Pervasive Computing Lab2007 - 2009
Technologies: Python, WSGI, UPnP
- Created a cross-platform UPnP framework in Python.
- Created an extensible event-driven loop that enabled efficient I/O and network programming.
- Created a WSGI pluggable server backend that supported a variety of available Python web servers (Paste, CherryPy, TurboGears, Twisted, circuits) for the purpose of achieving cross-platform portability.
- Gave a lecture about WSGI at Python Brasil  conference at Caxias do Sul - RS.
- Adapted the framework for portability. The software was able to run on Nokia Series 60, Maemo, Linux and Mac OS X, among other platforms.